Social Media 101
What you'll learn
- Learn the basics of the most popular social media networks
- Create and populate accounts on each of these platforms
- Understand the basics of using these platforms for business
- Be able to determine which platform you should use for your business
- Understand the concept of content calendars and be able to create one
- Learn how Hootsuite can save time and effort of social media
- Access to a computer
- Email Address
It is tempting to jump in and start a blog, Facebook page or Twitter account, but your marketing will be more successful if you start with the basics. Before starting on a social media campaign, you need to know what social media actually is and how others use it on a daily basis. We will take a look how social media is used in the business world and we will go through the basics of each social media platform. We will also walk through the process of setting up accounts and basic terminology.
Everyone knows they should be on social media, but most people do not have the time or the patience to maintain it. Most small business owners have great momentum when they start using social media, but it wanes as soon as more urgent issues arise. There will be tips and tricks that will help you maintain all your social profiles in just 2 hours a week. You can even do it on your couch!
This course will take about 2-3 hours to complete and it will include videos, supporting documents, email support after the class is over.
Who this course is for:
- Someone who has never used social media
- Small Business Owners
- Anyone interested in social media
Chris Wilkey is the founder and CEO of Hosskey Consulting; a social/digital media consulting agency. Over the past five years, Chris has worked for companies such as RE/MAX, Apple, Barnes & Noble, and the Indianapolis American Marketing Association (Indy AMA) and has helped them create communities online. Chris now serves on the board of the Indy AMA and also runs a DJ company on the weekends. He is a serial entrepreneur who has a passion for helping small businesses succeed.