Getting Started in Inkscape
What you'll learn
- Students will be able to use the basic inkscape tools
- Students will be able to create colourful and crisp vector graphics
- No prior knowledge is required
- Inkscape (free software) must be installed on your computer
This course is aimed at the complete beginner, where the very basics of Inkscape are learned. This section is great for getting started in vector art in general and Inkscape in particular.
Inkscape is highly acclaimed vector art software, and it is completely free and open source. If you want to get started creating vector art without splurging on license fees then this is a great place to start. Once you have gained the key skills you can easily and painlessly switch over to commercial software if you want. (Or you can continue using Inkscape of course!)
Contents of this section:
- The interface
- Basic shapes
- Fill and Stroke
- Boolean functions
- Bezier curves
This course is completely free, and provides the prerequisites for my other Inkscape courses:
- Creating Seamless Patterns and Tiles
- Mastering the Filter Editor
You can also bundle the courses and buy "Creating 2D Textures in Inkscape" and get an additional two sections with of examples.
Who this course is for:
- People who are interested in getting started in drawing vector graphics.
- People who are interested in learning Inkscape.
Hi, my name is Paul and I am an IT teacher and an engineer. As a teacher / engineer I can combine my strong technical background with the experience I gained in passing on skills and knowledge to my students.
As a teacher I believe that it students learn better when they are learning actively. That's why I include a lot of practice exercises in my courses.
In addition to my day job I absolutely love digital illustration!