Preparing to Easily Stop Drinking Alcohol
What you'll learn
- Understand your habits and needs
- Understand how alcohol shortcuts your natural education and screws around with your life from an early age
- Know the six mindsets of habit change
- Understand preparation, why we prepare, what prep tools you'll need, and how long the process will take
- Understand the key to habit change
- Understand the two forms of skill needed in any habit change
- Understand how to replace your old habit with new habits, and why this is so important
- Understand what new habits and behaviours you are going to build and why
- Learn how to use habit chains
- Learn how to chunk your goals down into more manageable tasks
- Understand the power of marginal gains - a shortcut which will save you hours of wasted energy
- Make sure your partner and family are on your side
- Define your target goals using the SMART system
- Achieve balance in your new life by selecting your goals from 12 life categories
- Use a growth mindset so that nothing is unachievable
- Use visualisation to boost your goal success rate
- Use affirmations to build your self-confidence and boost your goal success rate
- Understand what makes a great affirmation
- Understand why your environment is much more controllable than you think
- Get the most out of the closest people to you
- Successfully quit drinking
- Successfully quit thinking about drinking
- There is no prior knowledge needed to take this course, just an open mind.
This course is about preparing to quit drinking alcohol.
Most people fail within the first few days of their quit because they don't prepare properly. Quitting drinking is more than just not putting the alcohol into your mouth, that's only the first step.
People who successfully quit alcohol know that to stay away from this poison in the long term means rebuilding or regenerating your life. This course prepares you for that rebuild.
You don't need any special skills or knowledge to take this course. You do need to apply yourself to all the steps provided.
The course is laid out step by step, so all you have to do is follow along.
Who this course is for:
- You should take this course if you want the best chance of quitting drinking.
I used to be your typical Irish drinker. As an alcohol user for over 30 years, I always believed that alcohol was a part of my identity, my culture, and my life. Like so many others, I regarded my own lack of control to be at the root of my alcohol problems. After several unsuccessful attempts at moderation, I came to the conclusion that the trouble lay within myself, not the alcohol, and that I was an alcoholic. Life was not looking too good. My health was suffering, the hangovers were increasing in duration and intensity, I was unfit, overweight, and wasting away in general.
But the most of my pain came from realizing that my drinking was making me a terrible role model for my teenage son. Everything else I could handle, leading my son down the same destructive path that I had taken was very difficult to live with. With that devastating realization, my decision to stop was immediate and permanent.
My message, and that of my website - alcoholmastery.com, is straightforward: quitting alcohol is simple, you just don't put any more alcohol into your mouth. For most people, the difficulty in quitting is not in the withdrawal, the recovery, or the addiction. The difficulty is in how to live an alcohol free life. How do you fill the behavioral vacuum that drinking alcohol used to fill? How do you celebrate without raising the toast or getting drunk? How do you find enjoyment without using alcohol? How do you refrain from drinking while everyone else is devouring the stuff? How can you ever be happy as a non-alcohol-user?
It's not as difficult as you might imagine. You weren't born with the alcohol thirst, you’ve learned it. The secret to successfully quitting alcohol is as simple as learning a few new skills, learning more desirable ways of thinking and dealing with your life. Step by step, and day by day, you re-engineer the changes for a happy, healthy, and fulfilled life.
My style of teaching is to break down complex ideas into a no-nonsense, straight talking, and down to earth approach. My up-front coaching style is developed around breaking down your alcohol perceptions, rethinking your relationship with alcohol and its use within our society. I can’t promise you an easy ride, but I will deliver genuine step by step strategies that you can implement in your life right now.
You can find my weekly self-help videos, shot while hiking through the hills of Alicante, Spain, at the website Alcohol Mastery. I also host the weekly Alcohol Mastery Podcast.