Helping Your Kids with their School Work
- 1 hour on-demand video
- 19 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Make informed decisions about conducting the 3 T’s (talking, tinkering, and traveling) with your child
- Identify and assess 3 T’s activities to be conducted with your child
- Use technology effectively for 3 T’s activities worked on with your child
- Use 3 T’s activities to effectively and efficiently prepare your child for real-world Use to organize, analyze, and communicate information
- Use to organize, analyze, and communicate information
- No prior knowledge is assumed or needed.
- Basic understanding of the English language..
- Computer ( Internet-ready)
- Public library
- Library Card
- Public Transportation
- Complete case study can be found in the book, Finding Perpetual Harmony. Available through Amazon.
- Supplemental Workbook, Getting Parents and their Kids on the Same Page. Available through Amazon.
Do you want to experience the satisfaction of supplementing your kids' education? Do you want your kids to be prepared for grades K-20? If you said "yes" to any of the questions above, it would be critical for you to be a part of the demonstrations and lectures that this course will provide.
Welcome to 'Helping Your Kids with their School Work'.
So, what is this course all about?
Let's get your kids on the same page with your about their school work!
Through animation and presentation software, this course will concentrate on methods for developing needed tools for kids' study through demonstrations. Children everywhere need sound training in the reading, writing, and arithmetic areas, but the training needs to be given in creative and interesting ways so that the children will want to learn. Some people may think that it is impossible to plan innovative programs with a small amount of money, but there are vast resources available from existing materials at little or no expense.
What makes this course unique? The course will help guide busy parents in creating a supplemental home-based educational program to build-up their kids' key cognitive strategies and higher-order thinking. In developing this program, parents will be shown how their every-day interaction with their kids can help prepare them for real-world experiences in life and higher education through the following that will be defined more in this course:
Parents talk to their kids and try to make them learn new words and concepts.
Parents buy and play with toys to encourage their young children to tinker.
Parents travel with their kids through parks and pointing out flowers and squirrels.
Looking forward to working with you in this course by getting you and your kids on supplemental curricula to connect to their class work and homework.
Lecture Notes are available from Amazon under the title, Getting Parents and their Kids on the Same Page Some are also provided throughout the different sections of this course.
This promotional lecture will show how parents will get themselves on the same page with their kids.
Since most parents today are busy at their job and have little time to spend with their families, a supplemental information literacy program has to be developed for the busy parent. In developing this program, parents should be reminded how they interact with their children.
In developing this program, parents should be reminded how they interact with their children. Although most parents have talked to, traveled with, and tinkered around their young kids, they have not stopped to formalize these three T's into a teaching method.
Before parent and child are Three T'ing activities together, the parent will need to make sure they always have: a camera phone (a camera of some sort) to capture the moments parent and child share together; Composition Book (you could also purchase notebook paper and tie them together with string to make a journal of events too).