Mini Bootcamp: Get Your Artwork Exhibited
What you'll learn
- This course covers the same material as Part 2 of the "Launching Your Fine Art Career Bootcamp" course.
- You will learn how to effectively research and submit to appropriate art galleries and exhibition opportunities.
- You will learn the etiquette of approaching galleries and submitting your work.
- This course also covers ideas for additional ways to "get your work out there" beyond traditional exhibitions.
- At least a basic understanding of art galleries and exhibiting artwork.
This course covers the material in Part 2 of the "Launching Your Art Career Bootcamp" course. If you have already taken the "Launching Your Art Career Bootcamp" course, this course will be repetitive. If you only have questions about exhibiting your work, and have not taken the"Launching Your Art Career Bootcamp" course, this shorter, focused course will be perfect for you. If you have questions about managing, developing and promoting your fine art career, beyond just exhibiting your work, I recommend taking the "Launching Your Art Career Bootcamp" course instead, as it is more comprehensive.
Do you have a studio full of wonderful work and no idea how to get it out into the world? Are you an exhibiting artist looking for additional ideas and ways to get your work seen? Have you been actively pursuing exhibitions but with little success? Are you uncertain how to pursue galleries in this ever-changing climate?
With content from part two of the wildly popular Practical Advice for Artists "Launching Your Art Career Bootcamp," this shorter, more streamlined course focuses specifically on getting your work out in the world where people can see, enjoy and buy it! Whether you're a professional artist with exhibition experience or a talented amateur ready to take the plunge, this course will help you reset the way you think about pursuing exhibition opportunities and arm you with the tools, information, resources and action items to get started right away.
Who this course is for:
- Artists who would like to begin exhibiting their artwork at galleries and arts organizations and don't know how.
- Exhibiting artists looking for tips to find and access more opportunities to exhibit and sell their work.
- Artists who are looking for creative ideas to get their work exposure beyond traditional exhibitions.
I’ve been working in the arts, as a gallery director, gallery owner, curator, consultant, private dealer, author and educator for over twenty years.
I owned my own gallery in New York City (Sloan Fine Art) from 2008 to 2012 and continue to mount exhibitions and work with collectors and artists. I also teach Business of Art courses and lecture on a variety of topics at art schools across the US.
Working with so many wonderful artists in so many different roles for so many years I noticed the same questions coming up again and again. I realized there was a lack of practical, straightforward information available to artists and in 2015 set out to do something about it. I wrote "Launching Your Art Career: A Practical Guide for Artists" which became a #1 book in its category on Amazon and is now in it's second edition.
In 2017 I founded the Practical Advice for Artists website to continue that work through free checklists and resources, a blog, online courses and personalized services for artists.