Get to Know Your Food: Claims, Labels & Ingredients
What you'll learn
- Interpret front package health and nutrition claims.
- Spot food industry tactics that create false health value of processed foods.
- Understand nutrition facts labels from a holistic perspective.
- Interpret the quantities of key nutrients and establish their relevance in the diet.
- Easily spot low versus high sodium and sugar foods.
- Choose processed foods with the healthiest ingredients.
- Choose processed foods with the most health and nutrition benefits.
- Know how to eat and what foods to eat for best health and weight results.
- You should have reliable Internet access to be able to stream the video lectures on your mobile or desktop.
- You should have access to a calculator for your practice activities.
Grocery stores today are filled with numerous processed and refined packaged foods. But what is hiding in the midst of all those numbers and ingredients? Step by step, holistic nutrition expert Evita Ochel will teach you how to be a savvy and empowered consumer who knows how to use their food to support their health, not destroy it. You will be given guidelines and practical tips to know how to decipher front package claims, nutrition facts labels, and ingredient lists to make the best food choices for your health and weight.
You will never look at processed, packaged food the same way again.
If you have any processed food in your diet, this course will help you make sense of what you are eating and know how to make healthier choices. As consumers, we have choices and we can best exercise them when we know what to look for and what to avoid. No matter where you are in your health and wellness journey, you will be guided to understand the landscape of modern nutrition and navigate it in smart ways.
Make your food work for you, rather than against you.
Whether you would like to lose weight, or improve your health, or feed your family better you will be empowered to know how to improve your food choices. By learning how to read nutrition facts labels and ingredients, you will easily distinguish between high quality and poor quality foods.
This course will provide you with nearly 3 hours of practical video content. Each lesson also includes resource materials like printable summary sheets, practical exercises, and supplementary reading and video resources to help you practice and apply what you learn.
Get to know your food today to ensure the best health and wellbeing for your future!
Who this course is for:
- This course is for anyone who would like to make healthier and smarter food choices by understanding food packaging labels.
- This course is for anyone who would like to be more aware and discerning of industry tactics on food packages.
- This course is geared to the North American audience, as food and nutrition labels and guidelines vary by countries.
Evita Ochel, BSc., BEd., is an educator, researcher, and writer with over 20 years of experience in the field of optimal human health who integrates the best of conventional science and holistic principles. She is also certified as a holistic nutritionist, CHN, with a specialty in plant-based nutrition, and certified as a yoga and meditation teacher, CYT.
Evita is the author of the book "Healing & Prevention Through Nutrition" and the founder of the Healthytarian Lifestyle, based on fresh thinking, smart eating, and mindful living. She has created several online publications that feature hundreds of her articles, videos, classes, and courses, and has provided counseling to thousands of people on numerous wellness-related topics.
By addressing the physical, mental, emotional, social, and spiritual areas of our health, Evita helps people understand how everything is interconnected and reflected in the various states that our body and mind express. She works to empower individuals to consciously create their life, their state of health, and the world they wish to see by being aware of and taking responsibility for their personal choices.