Getting Started with Apache Flink
- Basics of Computer Science
- Basics of Big Data
- Basics of Analytics
Apache Flink is an open source platform for distributed stream and batch data processing. It can run on Windows, Mac OS and Linux OS. In this blog post, let’s discuss how to set up Flink cluster locally. It is similar to Spark in many ways – it has APIs for Graph and Machine learning processing like Apache Spark – but Apache Flink and Apache Spark are not exactly the same.
Flink is an alternative of MapReduce, it processes data more than 100 times faster than MapReduce. Flink is independent of Hadoop but it can use HDFS to read, write, store, process the data. Flink does not provide its own data storage system. It takes data from distributed storage. The development of Flink is started in 2009 at a technical university in Berlin under the stratosphere. It was incubated in Apache in April 2014 and became a top level project in December 2014. Flink is a German word meaning swift / Agile. The logo of Flink is a squirrel, in harmony with Hadoop ecosystem.
Who this course is for:
- Big Data Developers who want to analyse and process their data using their Flink
- Spark Developers who want to upgrade their skills using Apache Flink
- 02:271.1 What is Apache Flink
- 01:421.2 History of Apache Flink
- 02:121.3 Architecture of Apache Flink
- 04:111.4 Features of Apache Flink
- 01:361.5 Distributed Execution
- 06:341.6 Job Manager
- 01:041.7 Task Manager
- 01:351.8 Job Client
- 01:541.9 Download JDK
- 01:281.10 Set Path on Environment Variables
- 01:351.11 Downloading Flink
- 02:161.12 Installation Of Flink
- 02:091.13 Download VMware workstation player & ubuntu ISO image
- 01:261.14 Installation of VMware workstation player
- 02:501.15 Ubuntu Installation
- 00:401.16 Ubuntu Installation part-2
- 09:591.17 Multiple Java Installation
- 09:021.18 Installation of flink on Ubuntu
InflameTech is serving in the field of technology with a mission of Igniting knowledge over the world. Inflametech is advancing its steps towards a single goal which aims at providing knowledge to all , and in the easiest possible way. We, at Inflametech believe in the fact that everyone deserves the right to learn and gather their bit of required knowledge.
Get the best of Technology with us, and find your bit of knowledge on virtually anything.