How to get started in Voice Over / Podcasting
What you'll learn
- Voice over basics you need to get started
- How to use your hardware & software
- Where you need to go (and how) to start getting work
- What to do once you start getting work
- Where to record
- Tips for speaking for the microphone
- Communication with clients
- Recording techniques
- Final uploads & deliveries
- PDF download of resources, additional tips & hidden gems
- None! This is for true amateurs and those just jumping into the voice over world.
Have you been curious about voice over? Are you an actor trying to make the transition? Have you been meaning to start a podcast, but don't have any of the hardware or software yet? Do people keep telling you that you have an AMAZING voice, but you don't know what to do with it?
My intro course will answer all the questions that have popped into your head every time you have considered getting involved in using your voice professionally. Whether that means audiobooks, podcasting, freelance voice over, working in radio as a DJ, or just filling in on a mic as needed as a behind-the-scenes person... this course can flesh out your knowledge of how to use your voice, tech equipment, and where to go for the best resources.
We will cover the basics on hardware (the mic), software (the computer programs), how to get work (the websites to make your profiles), how to edit your work, and so much more. The accompanying download will provide you with all the resources you need to supplement your learning process as you go on your voice over journey, which could very well become your new side gig and/or career.
Welcome to Voice Over!
Who this course is for:
- Anyone wanting to use their voice professionally. New podcasters, voice over artists, those wanting to voice characters in video games or animation, actors wanting to transition into voice over, and more!
Voice Artist | Writer | Speaker
After producing over 40 audiobooks for indie authors and small publishers, Ainslie transitioned to short-form commercial audio. Her voice can be heard on everything from YouTube instructionals and regional commercials to educational apps and AI prompts.
In between, Ainslie has found time to create several passion projects and speak about issues close to her. In particular, she writes and speaks about her personal path growing up in a neglectful and abusive home, her experience as a sex worker, her struggles with alcohol, and being diagnosed with complex-PTSD.
Ainslie strives to create truthful and honest art, which is almost always influenced by her personal experiences. She strives to speak clearly about her path in hopes it helps others find theirs.