Get Polished in PowerPoint
What you'll learn
- A critical eye for what makes a slide good or bad
- A habit of planning presentations using a storyboard
- The ability to write polished presentations, fast
- Techniques to present well and to engage your audience
- Pre-built, ready-to-use slide templates
- PowerPoint installed on your PC or Mac
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office
When you write PowerPoint presentations, do you
- Pretend it's a Word document in landscape?
- Stick objects on a page until the white space is filled up?
- Write a bunch of slides, then think about how they go together?
It's easy to get the basics in PowerPoint but hard to write compelling stories that your audience will find memorable and meaningful. Don't let insights you've discovered get lost in a maze of mediocre slides.
In this 90-minute primer you'll go from slide monkey to slide master. We'll take an accelerated 'learn-by-doing' approach: picking up where we left off in Use Excel Like a Pro. Fast., we'll design a PowerPoint template, write a storyboard and craft a polished presentation. Along the way, we'll unpack the principles of great slide writing and cover time-saving shortcuts. What makes this course different?
- It's practical. The instructor worked in management consulting at BCG for eight years. That's a lot of real-world experience to share
- It's fast; only 90 minutes. You'll have what you need in no time
- It uses the case-method pedagogy. By teaching in the context of an example, retention is far higher than a traditional approach
Check out Kieran Luke's blog to get 20% off
Who this course is for:
- Students, professionals and entrepreneurs who regularly write PowerPoint presentations to communicate ideas, results or plans
Kieran is the Chief Operating Officer at Lunchbox, a collection of powerful digital ordering platforms for restaurants, by restaurateurs.
He was previously at General Assembly, the pioneer in education and career transformation, and at the Boston Consulting Group, where he trained new consultants on spreadsheet modeling and slide writing.
Originally from Australia, Kieran has called New York home since 2010.