How to Get Kids to Eat Healthy
What you'll learn
- Know what "healthy" means, what real food is and how to use treats effectively.
- Know how to address kids' nutritional needs from a holistic perspective.
- Know what to feed kids for optimal health, growth and development.
- Prepare meals and snacks in ways that increase the chances of kids eating healthy.
- Work with optimally healthy whole-food, plant-based recipes for the whole family.
- Know what to avoid feeding kids, which decreases the likelihood of them eating healthy.
- Know how to help kids establish healthy eating habits and have a healthy relationship with their food.
- Improve mealtimes with kids and family attitudes about the role of food.
- Apply practical success tips for meals within the home, beyond the home, holidays and special occasions.
- You will require a reliable Internet connection to enjoy the lessons of this course.
- You should have access to a grocery store and kitchen.
For many families today, mealtimes can be one of the most challenging parts of parenting. In the midst of conflicting nutrition claims and fad diets, the phenomenon of "picky eaters", the epidemic of food allergies and intolerances, as well as hectic lifestyles, feeding kids right can be an overwhelming task, to say the least. The good news is that this course can help you change all that and learn to create a truly healthy and timeless nutritional foundation for you and any children in your care.
Set your children up with healthy eating habits for a lifetime, and empower yourself as a caregiver.
Take this course to:
- Gain a holistic understanding of what healthy eating is all about
- Learn how to use "treats" in effective ways
- Know what kids' nutritional needs are and how to approach macro and micro nutrients in your child's diet
- Know what foods to feed your child to get them to eat healthy and be healthy
- Know how to prepare foods, meals and snacks for greatest healthy eating success
- Become aware of different food controversies that impact your children
- Experience less stress and anxiety around mealtimes with your children
- Gain confidence about your nutrition choices as a parent or guardian
Walk away equipped with numerous practical success tips for knowing how to get kids to eat healthy.
This course was created to help you take the guesswork out of healthy eating for kids and know what it truly takes to get kids to eat right. Its intention is to empower you as a parent or caregiver and help you put into action effective steps to transform your children's eating habits. As an added bonus, the many benefits of taking this course and applying what you are learning can also improve your children's behavior and your family relationships, bonds and wellbeing.
Give the children in your care one of the best gifts by optimizing their present and future health with their food.
The course will provide you with about 3 hours of video content, divided into 3 parts, 12 lectures and 9 quizzes. To help you apply what you are learning, each lesson includes a beautiful summary sheet, which you can download and/or print to have on hand and refer to regularly. Each lesson also includes some reflection questions and supporting resources like articles, film and book recommendations, as well as recipes to make this journey as practical and enjoyable for you.
Get your kids to start eating healthy today!
Who this course is for:
- Parents, teachers, caregivers and other adults who have any kids in their care and wish to know what is the best way to feed kids.
- Anyone who struggles with their kids eating habits and is looking for guidance.
- Families who are ready to change by optimizing their food choices and taking accountability for their kids' health.
Evita Ochel is an educator, researcher, and writer in the areas of optimal human nutrition and physical, mental, emotional, social, and spiritual wellbeing. She has degrees in science and education, is a certified holistic nutritionist, and a certified yoga and meditation teacher. Evita is also the author of the book "Healing & Prevention Through Nutrition" and the founder of the Healthytarian Lifestyle, based on fresh thinking, smart eating, and mindful living.
With over 20 years of experience in the field of optimal human nutrition, health, and wellbeing, she has created several prominent online publications that feature her articles, videos, classes, and courses. She has provided consulting and counseling to thousands of people on numerous wellness-related topics and works to empower individuals to consciously create their life, their state of health, and the world they wish to see.