German for beginners (A1 - Part 1/5)
What you'll learn
- conjugate German regular verbs
- conjugate the modal verbs
- make simple sentences with a subject, a verb and an object
- spell your name
- present yourself and others
- ask questions with and without question pronouns
- know the German numbers
- tell the time in German
- understand and fill in simple forms
- No previous knowledge of the German language required.
This course will give you a stable foundation for your endeavour of learning German.
In video lessons, I will guide you through lectures which are clearly structured, building up on each other and versatile, including not only grammar explanations, but also a lot of video-guided exercises, vocabulary, additional information.
After having completed this first part, you will know how to conjugate German regular verbs, the modal verbs, you will be able to make simple sentences containing a subject (the nominative case), a verb and an object (the accusative case). You will know how to spell your name and how to present yourself as well as others. You will be able to ask questions with and without question pronouns. You will know the German numbers and be able to tell the time. You will understand simple forms and be able to fill them in with information about yourself.
Should questions come up while learning with my course, please feel free to ask me, I will be happy to answer them.
After completing parts 1 - 5 of the course, you should be able to complete the A1 exam. The levels A2 and B1 are available on my website.
Who this course is for:
- Take this course if you would like to learn German step by step, if you want to learn it correctly, right from the beginning.
- Take this course if you are looking for versatile guided self-learning, a course that contains not only grammar, but also many, many exercises, vocabulary as well as information on Germany and its people.
- Do not take it if you are looking for a course that does not contain any grammar.
- Do not take the course if you just want to learn some sentences by heart without understanding the logic behind them.
Hey there! I am the founder of "German to go" and have been teaching German since 2004 - private and group tuition in various countries as well as on Skype. Now, I would like to make the material I created over the years available to more people. I am a passionate language learner myself and I love travelling. From 2005 to 2010, I studied "Languages and Business Studies" in Aix-en-Provence (France), in Newcastle-upon-Tyne (UK) and in Cologne (Germany). This was followed by an internship in Ottawa (Canada), where I met my husband, who is Brazilian. We lived in Brazil for 2 years and now we are back in my city of origin, Berlin, in Germany. We have a little daughter. I hope you enjoy my courses!