Start speaking German with the Modal verbs
- One free finger to click, an open mind, willingness to learn and a sense of humor
Learn everything you ever wanted (or didn`t want) to know about the German modal verbs - who they are, what do they usually do, who their friends are and what do they do together (and even a dark secret about their personality).
Then take this knowledge to the real life section - and use it however you want! You will see that the modal verbs are really useful in your everyday conversations, and that by knowing them, your speaking and writing skills will greatly improve.
The course isn`t long, so why don`t you try it :)
After the course, if you still have any questions, comments, things that confuse you, something you want to talk about, or just share your opinion about some amazing German beer you just tried, feel free to drop me a note! :)
- This course is aimed for the ones stuck somewhere between the "total beginner" and the "not even close to intermediate" stage
- It can also be useful to total newbies, since all German in the course is translated into English, and everything is explained from the beginning
- What are Modal Verbs & Why are they so special?05:52
- Which are the German Modal Verbs and what do they mean10:44
- The 6 heroes10 questions
- How do Modal Verbs conjugate07:58
- How do Modal Verbs conjugate10 questions
- How does a Modal Verb behave in a sentence03:17
- How does a Modal Verb behave in a sentence10 questions
- Using Modal Verbs11:24
- Wrapping it up01:15
- Bonus Lesson: Continue learning German!00:18
Hallo, I am Sandra, teacher of German as a foreign language, trying to make it not foreign anymore for a wide range of students. In the last eight years, I have taught elementary and high school students as well as adults, from beginner courses to advanced and business courses. But my biggest love is teaching online and changing the lives of students all around the world.
My greatest hope is to make learning as fun and pleasurable as playing your favorite game, and as easy as chatting with your best friend. I know it can be done and I am still exploring all the possible ways to achieve it :)
The common urban legend says that people only use around 10% of their brains. The ten percent myth most likely arose from a misunderstanding of neurological research in the late 19th century.
At the same time, science proved that learning a new language improves your brain functions and memory abilities. Learning a language rewires your brain and literally makes it grow bigger.
So by combining myth and science, I hope that after learning German, your brain will function at least on 11 percent :)