German grammar - word order
- 3 hours on-demand video
- 11 articles
- 35 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Understand where the verb goes in basic and complicated sentences.
- Understand what ‘time, manner, place’ in German word order means.
- Understand which conjunctions push the verb to the end and which don’t.
- Understand when to use ‘nicht’ or ‘kein’ and where to position ‘nicht’.
- Understand in which order to place object pronouns in German sentences.
- Understand how to use relative pronouns.
- You should have some knowledge of the German language.
- You need pen and paper for some exercises.
- You’ll need a printer if you wish to print out some of the handouts.
- You may also want to sit in a quiet room without too much background noise.
Are you a German learner who is struggling with word order?
Do you find it difficult to work out where the subject, verb and object goes?
Do you wish you knew what it means if a book or teacher talks about ‘TMP’?
Do you know which conjunctions push the verb to the end and which don’t?
Do you know what relative pronouns are?
This course is for any German learners. It is designed to accompany the learners as they progress through their German textbook or lessons. It is not necessarily designed for you to work your way through from beginning to end.
If you are a beginner, then start with the beginners’ section and move on at a later date.
If you are an intermediate student, then you might want to watch all the beginners’ videos to revise what you have already learned, or pick those bits that you are still struggling with before moving on to the intermediate section.
If you are an advanced student, you might also want to check out the beginners and intermediate section as there might be things you’ve forgotten or not realised. If you do find a topic that you know well, just move on.
It doesn't matter how quickly you complete the course - it isn't a race - the important bit is that you understand the German word order!
German grammar seems to be very complicated but is actually very logical, and this course will show you with very basic sentences how logical it is. By going back to basics with easy sentences, you will make sense of the German word order. You will know which conjunctions do what and how to use relative pronouns.
With the help of the videos, handouts, quizzes and worksheets
this course will take you from "Ich verstehe nicht" to "Ich verstehe"!
- This course is for all learners, no matter how long you've been studying German.
- It is the perfect support for beginners who have started learning about word order.
- Intermediate students will find some revision in the beginners' section, before moving to the intermediate level.
- Advanced German learners might find this course a welcome revision and learn more in the advanced section.
This video covers one of the most important German word order rules!
In this video you'll learn when to use 'nicht' and when 'kein'