German for You A1: Grammar for Beginners & 100+ A1 Exercises
What you'll learn
- Understand German Grammar on an A1 level.
- Know the sentence elements and how to put them together.
- Study cases, modal verbs, tenses, prepositions & much more.
- Apply your new knowledge of vocabulary and grammar: more than 100 exercises of various types.
- There is no previous knowledge required.
I will explain all the important basics of German grammar, starting from scratch with the sentence units. Bit by bit, we will put them together. You will see examples for each topic and practice, in-course and with section quizzes.
In the grammar part, you will get in-course translations for the German example words and sentences . The grammar explanations are all in English.
There's a pronunciation section after the grammar sections for students who haven't really dealt with German yet. If you are mainly interested in the grammar you can skip that last section before the practice part.
Practice sections: There's a vocabulary sheet attached to the first lecture of each exercise section. The exercise sections always end with a dictation. So after that, you will get a new sheet for vocabulary, so you can prepare for the next set of exercises.
The words and sentences will be read out then with pauses, so you have time to repeat everything. This is an important part of this course and it will improve your listening and speaking skills. Even if nobody is listening, keep repeating what you hear.
You will get a wide variety of exercises: fill in the blanks, Q&A, dictation etc. The topics cover all the material on the A1 level in preparation for an A1 exam (based on the Start Deutsch 1 exam).
The practice sections are in German with optional English subtitles.
Who this course is for:
- A1 students who want to work more intensively on German grammar.
- Anybody who is studying German on an A1 level or wants to start studying German.
- Students on A2/B1 who want to make sure they covered everything up to this point and/or would like to review it.
Hello, my name is Esther and I'm from Germany.
I started teaching languages in 2007. I worked for language schools and with individuals as a teacher, tutor and also as an examiner for public schools and language institutes in different countries.
After a decade of teaching, I took my work online.
Besides creating tutorials, I also work as a personal Educational Coach and Language Coach.
My goal is to provide useful, understandable, compact information and create aha! moments for learners.