Geophysical Surveying Methods: An Introduction
- 2 hours on-demand video
- 4 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- (1) Have an understanding of geophysics as a field of science and its various aspects
- (2) Understand the principles, methods and field operations of each of the more frequently used geophysical methods.
- (3) Have a grasp of the general interpretation procedures of geophysical data from each technique.
- (4) Be familiar with the Applications of each technique and relate with case studies of recent geophysical investigations and their interpretations.
- Basic knowledge in Maths and Physics
GEOPHYSICAL SURVEYING METHODS - AN INTRODUCTION
About This Course
This course is aimed at discussing the principles and methods of geophysical exploration and their Applications. The course teaches the concept and basic principles of geophysics from a very simple and easily understandable perspective (all of these are not taught in isolation of geology or geologic interpretations).
i. General Introduction of the subject of Geophysics in terms of its definition and Concepts were discussed.
ii. The various methods of Geophysics and the discussion of the physical properties and parameters on which these methods are based and utilized with brief discussion on some of the end products (geologic information) obtainable from them.
iii. A brief discussion of the theory, the field operations, interpretation and applications of each of the more frequently used methods.
iv. Case studies of typical field works: the following were presented; statement of problem or field work objectives, obtained data, interpretations and recommendations.
Module 1: What is Geophysics
Module 2: Geophysical Prospecting Methods 1
Module 3: Anomaly Concept in Geophysics
Module 4: Geophysical Data Acquisition
Module 5: Geophysical Data Processing
Module 6: Geophysical Prospecting methods 2
Module 7: What does a Geophysicist do?
Module 8: Recent Case Studies of Geophysical Research works.
- Anyone interested in learning geophysics