Genetics and Next Generation Sequencing for Bioinformatics
What you'll learn
- Foundation in DNA, RNA, and Genetics
- Use cloud-based platform Galaxy to analyze large sequencing datasets
- Recent advances in DNA sequencing technology
- Assess quality of raw data
- Applications in Personalized Cancer Therapy and Disease Research
- Use FastQC and Trimmomatic to improve data quality
- Biology and Chemistry at high school 10th grade level
- Elementary Statistics such as interpreting charts, histograms, and box-and-whisker plots
- You must enjoy Biology
Do you want to enter the field of Bioinformatics, but don't know enough about DNA, RNA, and Genetics?
Are you curious about the recent advances in DNA sequencing technology, and how it can be applied to Personalized Cancer Therapy and Disease Research?
Do you want to use Bioinformatics tools to analyze data generated by Next Generation Sequencing?
By the end of this course:
You will have a strong foundation in DNA, RNA, and Genetics
You will have a thorough understanding of Next Generation DNA Sequencing Analysis
You will use a cloud-based platform called Galaxy for the analysis of large datasets
You will assess the quality of raw data
You will use FastQC and Trimmomatic to improve data quality
This course is a starting point in NGS. It covers Biology prerequisites and quality control. Future courses will cover data analysis in more detail.
This course includes a step-by-step guided project.
This project will assess the quality of raw data from an Illumina sequencer.
You will then use FastQC and Trimmomatic to improve the quality of this data.
Biology and Chemistry at high school 10th grade level
Elementary Statistics such as interpreting charts, histograms, and box-and-whisker plots
You must enjoy Biology
This is an introductory course ideal for those with no prior experience in Next Generation Sequencing Analysis.
Enroll today, and launch your career in Bioinformatics.
Who this course is for:
- Software professionals entering Bioinformatics
My goal is to help you enjoy learning highly sought-after skills in Next Generation Sequencing Data Analysis.
I’m excited about personalized medicine, precise diagnosis using microbial DNA, and rapid crop improvement; now possible with Next Generation DNA Sequencing technology.
I hope to share my love for DNA and its analysis with you.