Genetic Algorithm for Machine Learning
This course covers the working Principle of Genetics Algorithms and its various components like Natural Selection, Crossover or Recombination, Mutation and Elitism in a a very simplified way.
GA are inspired by the process of natural selection that belongs to the larger class of evolutionary algorithms (EA). Genetic algorithms are commonly used to generate high-quality solutions to optimization and search problems by relying on biologically inspired operators such as mutation, crossover and selection.
Who this course is for:
- Students taking Genetics Algorithm or Machine Learning or Artificial Intelligence Course
- Machine Learning Enthusiast
- Students preparing for placement tests and interviews
- 13:44Concept of Genetic Algorithm
- 10:02Key terms used in GA & Its Mathematical Representation
- 09:40Implementation of Natural Selection: Part-1
- 11:08Implementation of Natural Selection: Part-2
- 09:08Implementation of Recombination: Part-1
- 12:56Implementation of Recombination: Part-2
- 10:55Implementation of Mutation
- 14:33Concept and Implementation of Elitism
Parteek Bhatia is Associate Professor in the Department of Computer Science and Engineering and Former Associate Dean of Student Affairs at Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology, Patiala. At present he is on sabbatical for Postdoc fellowship at Tel Aviv University, Israel. He is recipient of Young Faculty Research Fellowship from Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology, Govt. of India.
He has more than twenty years of academic experience. He has completed his Ph.D on "UNL Based Machine Translation System for Punjabi Language" from Thapar University. He has published more than 75 research papers and articles in Journals, Conferences and Magazines of repute. His research work with UNDL foundation, Geneva, Switzerland involved participation in Advanced UNL School at Alexandria, EGYPT in 2012 and at Geneva, Switzerland in 2013 and 2014. He is a winner of Gold Medal at International competition UNL Olympiad II,UNL Olympiad III and UNL Olympiad IV conducted by UNDL Foundation in year 2013 and 2014.
He has authored multiple text books including Data Mining and Data Warehousing: Principles and Practices from Cambridge University press, Simplified Approach to DBMS, Simplified Approach to Visual Basic and Simplified Approach to Oracle. He is acting as Principal Investigator on several projects funded by Government of India.