PC Maintenance For Beginners
What you'll learn
- Identify the ten tasks needed to speed up their computer and keep it running at its best performance
- Learn new computer terms
- Perform each of the ten tasks to speed up their computer
- Impress their friends and family with their new knowledge!
- You will need a Personal Computer or a PC Laptop with Windows 7 or 8.
In this ONE hour live, on-line course your tutor will reveal:
- The startling truth about computer maintenance – And why it is important for you to learn how to do it yourself
- Ten tasks you should do regularly to ensure your PC or laptop runs at its best
- Secrets ONLY 5% of computer users know that guarantees a fast PC every time
Why take this course?
Yes, you can do your own computer maintenance. Here are five reasons why you need to learn to do it yourself:
- It saves you money – no more expensive trips to the techies
- It will save you time – the techie has a lot to do and will either take your PC away, or be busy working on it, for a while
- It will speed up your computer and extend its life
- You will be in charge of your own computer and not have to rely on someone else to manage it for you
- You learn some new skills
You will need a Personal Computer or a PC Laptop with windows 7 or 8. Students with earlier operating systems have found the course beneficial, but you need to be able to apply the differences yourself. You also need a headset with a microphone.
The course is co-written by an IT support veteran and a qualified teacher, each with 30 years' worth of experience.
Who this course is for:
- students and small business owners should take this course to get to know their computers and to save money on expensive trips to the techies
- This course is not for those already in IT or who have knowledge of computer maintenance
Hannah has a Master's Degree in music, specializing in performance in piano and violin. She obtained her degree from the University of the Witwatersrand in Johannesburg, South Africa.
In 1996 she immigrated to New Zealand and started her own music school: Allegro Music. She taught piano, violin, guitar, recorder and music theory.
Hannah has taught music for more than 20 years, and started off her teaching career teaching class music in primary school. She had various positions before progressing to High School where she ended up as Head of Department before starting her own school.
At the same time as running her music school, she went back to university and did a certificate in Information Technology. She joined Step by Step Computer Services LTD where she taught computer literacy to adults. She did this from home in the mornings, and took her music students in the afternoons.
When she moved from Whangarei to Auckland, she continued Allegro Music School, and also taught students who had trouble with reading, spelling and mathematics. When she met Malcolm and he shared his idea of weteach-it with her, she jumped at the chance. Together, they formed the company and enjoy working with their passion: To bring computer literacy to everyone.
Hannah believes in a step by step approach: When you master each step, before you know it, you grasp more complicated concepts, and you find yourself a master instead of a novice. Imagine a world where complicated concepts are easily mastered. Yes, you can do it too!
- 3.7 Instructor Rating
- 33 Reviews
- 865 Students
- 1 Course
I have been using computers for over 35 years and been in the IT Industry for 25 years. I have expertise in IT Support, IT Management, Project Management, Process Engineering and Business Development. I have mentored well over a thousand people in my career, from IT Experts to Business Owners. I currently own and run 2 companies. Geekmo which is a Mobile IT Support company I started at the end of 2009, and WeTeach-IT an online school, which was started in 2013 with Hannah Kramer.