The Guitar of Gene and Eddie
What you'll learn
- The guitar solos of 5 Gene Vincent and 5 Eddie Cochran solos note for note
- Guitar techniques like hybrid picking, double stops, detuning, slides and more
- Some trivia and history about Gene Vincent and Eddie Cochran
- Be able to read guitar tabs
- Be comfortable with playing basic chords and intermediate solos on the guitar
- Tab reading software like Guitar Pro, TEF or TuxGuitar is a great help but no must
In this course you will learn the solos of 5 Gene Vincent and 5 tunes where Eddie Cochran played lead guitar on. For this course I have teamed up with guitar virtuoso and Eddie Cochran expert Darrel Higham.
Together we will dive deep into the guitar techniques and licks by Cliff Gallup, Johnny Meeks and Eddie Cochran. These techniques include douple stops, slides, hammer-ons and pull-offs, hybrid picking, chromatic runs and more.
The following songs are featured in this course:
1. Be Bop A Lula - Gene Vincent
2. Race With The Devil - Gene Vincent
3. B-I-Bickey-Bi Bo-Bo-Go - Gene Vincent
4. Red Blue Jeans And A Ponytail - Gene Vincent
5. Dance To The Bop - Gene Vincent
6. Let's Coast Awhile - Bo Davis
7. Completely Sweet - Eddie Cochran
8. You Oughta See Grandma Rock - Skeets McDonald
9. I'm Drowning All My Sorrows - Bo Davis
10. Teenage Cutie - Eddie Cochran
We'll teach you how to play the solo parts, but also show you the other relevant guitar parts like intros and outros. Additionally we show you the most interesting licks of the verses
I've included the tabs in Guitar Pro and PDF format for every song. Furthermore you can also download the authentic backing tracks in four different tempos to make practicing even more fun.
There are some easy parts in this course, but most of the lectures are geared toward the intermediate to advanced guitar player.
Who this course is for:
- Intermediate guitarists who would like to learn the exciting licks of Cliff Gallup, Johnny Meeks and Eddie Cochran
My name is Randy Richter, I was born in 1974 in Rostock, Germany. At age 16 I started to teach myself how to play the guitar. Shortly after I played shows around my hometown and in 1996 I became a full time professional musician. With my band Randy Rich and The Poor Boys we've toured all over Europe and the US and appeared on the biggest festivals in the scene. Due to our excellent skills and our love to the authentic sound of the 1950s I had the chance to play and record with many of the original rockabilly legends like Janis Martin, Glenn Honeycutt, Eddie Bond and Glen Glenn.
In 2005 I started to teach guitar to some local students. Because of the fun I was having doing that I extended this part of my job even further and now I'm also teaching people online via Skype. With my Rockabilly Guitar Video Lessons I have the chance to share my knowledge and my passion for the music of the 1950s to thankful students everywhere in the world.