Gender Equality and Sexual Diversity
- There are no requeriments, you only need an Internet conection. The transcripts and extra material files are in PDF format.
- You don't need any background or experience in the area to take the course.
- This is not a legal course, it has some legal concepts, but they are explained in the lessons. Also, for each video we provide a glossary which you may download.
This course is also available with spanish subtitules, search for "Igualdad de Género y Diversidad Sexual" in Udemy.
From the perspective of human rights and non-discrimination, the course will touch on topics such as the history of the fight for gender equality and sexual minorities’ rights, relevant international norms and institutions, violence and other forms of discrimination, as well as public policies to promote gender equality and sexual diversity.
The complete course consists in 30 video lessons of about 12 minutes each. The course will remain available permanently at Udemy, so you may complete it at your own pace, without time limit.
Since December 31, 2018, we will NOT deliver paid virtual certificates from the Universidad Diego Portales, even if it could say the opposite in the first and last video of the course. We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause.
- Everyone interested in issues related to gender equality and sexual minorities
- Gender Equality, Sexual Diversity and Arbitrary Discrimination11:05
- Gender Equality, Sexual Diversity and Arbitrary Discrimination2 questions
- Basic Concepts and Definitions11:48
- Basic Concepts and Definitions2 questions
- Sexual Practices and Orientations12:21
- Sexual Practices and Orientations2 questions
- History of the Fight against Gender Discrimination11:09
- History of the Fight against Gender Discrimination2 questions
- History of the Movement of Sexual Minorities12:07
- History of the Movement of Sexual Minorities2 questions
- International Rights of Women, General Overview12:10
- International Rights of Women, General Overview2 questions
- CEDAW I10:48
- CEDAW I2 questions
- CEDAW II08:38
- CEDAW II2 questions
- The Belém do Pará Interamerican Convention11:19
- The Belém do Pará Interamerican Convention2 questions
- UN Women11:45
- UN Women2 questions
- Reproductive Rights11:47
- Reproductive Rights2 questions
- Abortion2 questions
- Roe v. Wade11:55
- Roe v. Wade2 questions
- In Vitro Fertilization12:23
- In Vitro Fertilization2 questions
- Gender Identity and Sexual Orientation11:26
- Gender Identity and Sexual Orientation2 questions
- International Standards on LGBTI Rights I10:29
- International Standards on LGBTI Rights I2 questions
- International Standards on LGBTI Rights II08:21
- International Standards on LGBTI Rights II2 questions
- Legal Recognition of Same-Sex Couples10:54
- Legal Recognition of Same-Sex Couples2 questions
- Women and Politics12:02
- Women and Politics2 questions
- Women and Work09:38
- Women and Work2 questions
- Sexual Harassment09:07
- Sexual Harassment2 questions
- Female Genital Mutilation12:40
- Female Genital Mutilation2 questions
- Femicide2 questions
- Sexual Violence as an International Crime10:59
- Sexual Violence as an International Crime2 questions
- Violence and Discrimination based on Sexual Orientation11:24
- Violence and Discrimination based on Sexual Orientation2 questions
- The Zamudio case and the Anti-Discrimination Law in Chile10:17
- The Zamudio case and the Anti-Discrimination Law in Chile2 questions
- Public Institutions10:22
- Public Institutions2 questions
- Special Measures11:58
- Special Measures2 questions
- Family Planning10:47
- Family Planning2 questions
- Promoting Diversity13:14
- Promoting Diversity2 questions
Head of the MOOC Chile Project. Lawyer, Universidad de Chile. Doctor Honoris Causa, by the Universities of Notre Dame and City University of New York. Professor, International Human Rights and International Law and the Use of Force, Universidad de Chile Law School. Former professor, Ethics and Government, Master's Program on Public Policy, Universidad de Chile. Visiting Professor, Harvard University, Toronto University, New York University, Maryland University, Notre Dame University and Interamerican Institute for Human Rights. Co-founder and former co-director, Human Rights Center, Universidad de Chile Law School (2002-2011). Commissioner, International Commission of Jurist.
Director, Legal Department of the Peace Cooperation Committee for Chile (1973-1976). Former President, Amnesty International Executive Committee (1979-1982). Commissioner, Chilean Truth and Reconciliation Commission (1990-1991). Former Commissioner and President, Interamerican Commission on Human Rights (2003-2004).
Lawyer, Universidad de Chile. Invited Professor, International Criminal Jurisdiction, University of Chile. Invited Professor, Public International Law and International Criminal Law, Universidad Adolfo Ibáñez. Invited Professor, Legal Theory, Universidad Diego Portales. Former academyc assistant, International Human Rights and International Law and the Use of Force, Universidad de Chile Law School.
Abogado de la Universidad de Chile. Profesor Invitado, Jurisdicción Penal Internacional, Universidad de Chile. Profesor Invitado, Derecho Internacional Público y Derecho Penal Internacional, Universidad Adolfo Ibáñez. Profesor Invitado, Teoría del Derecho, Universidad Diego Portales. Ex ayudante, Derecho Internacional de los Derechos Humanos y Derecho Internacional y Uso de la Fuerza, Facultad de Derecho, Universidad de Chile.