Gender Equality and Sexual Diversity
- There are no requeriments, you only need an Internet conection. The transcripts and extra material files are in PDF format.
- You don't need any background or experience in the area to take the course.
- This is not a legal course, it has some legal concepts, but they are explained in the lessons. Also, for each video we provide a glossary which you may download.
This course is also available with spanish subtitules, search for "Igualdad de Género y Diversidad Sexual" in Udemy.
From the perspective of human rights and non-discrimination, the course will touch on topics such as the history of the fight for gender equality and sexual minorities’ rights, relevant international norms and institutions, violence and other forms of discrimination, as well as public policies to promote gender equality and sexual diversity.
The complete course consists in 30 video lessons of about 12 minutes each. The course will remain available permanently at Udemy, so you may complete it at your own pace, without time limit.
Since December 31, 2018, we will NOT deliver paid virtual certificates from the Universidad Diego Portales, even if it could say the opposite in the first and last video of the course. We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause.
Who this course is for:
- Everyone interested in issues related to gender equality and sexual minorities
- 11:05Gender Equality, Sexual Diversity and Arbitrary Discrimination
- 2 questionsGender Equality, Sexual Diversity and Arbitrary Discrimination
- 11:48Basic Concepts and Definitions
- 2 questionsBasic Concepts and Definitions
- 12:21Sexual Practices and Orientations
- 2 questionsSexual Practices and Orientations
Head of the MOOC Chile Project. Lawyer, Universidad de Chile. Doctor Honoris Causa, by the Universities of Notre Dame and City University of New York. Professor, International Human Rights and International Law and the Use of Force, Universidad de Chile Law School. Former professor, Ethics and Government, Master's Program on Public Policy, Universidad de Chile. Visiting Professor, Harvard University, Toronto University, New York University, Maryland University, Notre Dame University and Interamerican Institute for Human Rights. Co-founder and former co-director, Human Rights Center, Universidad de Chile Law School (2002-2011). Commissioner, International Commission of Jurist.
Director, Legal Department of the Peace Cooperation Committee for Chile (1973-1976). Former President, Amnesty International Executive Committee (1979-1982). Commissioner, Chilean Truth and Reconciliation Commission (1990-1991). Former Commissioner and President, Interamerican Commission on Human Rights (2003-2004).
Lawyer, Universidad de Chile. Invited Professor, International Criminal Jurisdiction, University of Chile. Invited Professor, Public International Law and International Criminal Law, Universidad Adolfo Ibáñez. Invited Professor, Legal Theory, Universidad Diego Portales. Former academyc assistant, International Human Rights and International Law and the Use of Force, Universidad de Chile Law School.
Abogado de la Universidad de Chile. Profesor Invitado, Jurisdicción Penal Internacional, Universidad de Chile. Profesor Invitado, Derecho Internacional Público y Derecho Penal Internacional, Universidad Adolfo Ibáñez. Profesor Invitado, Teoría del Derecho, Universidad Diego Portales. Ex ayudante, Derecho Internacional de los Derechos Humanos y Derecho Internacional y Uso de la Fuerza, Facultad de Derecho, Universidad de Chile.