- Basic knowledge of mechanical systems.
- Basic understanding of laws of physics
In this course, you will learn about the fundamental gear types, their characteristics and applications in industry. An important concept of lubrication fundamentals is also added to broaden your learning experience.
I used real-life examples, drawings, pictures and 3D design models to explain the concepts about gearing systems.
This course is designed to provide an overview of gearing to enhance students understanding of essential terminology and practices within the industry
Who this course is for:
- Anyone looking to build foundational knowledge on gears
- 07:12Gear Types and Characteristics
- 5 questionsLet's check your understanding of gears and their characteristics
- 21:13Gear Terminology (Nomenclature)
- 6 questionsLet's check your understanding of gear nomenclature
- 22:57Lubrication Fundamentals - Machine Lubrication, Friction and Wear
- 7 questionsLet's check your understanding of Machine Lubrication, Friction and Wear
- 11:17Gear Drive Lubrication Regimes
- 4 questionsLet's check your understanding on lubrication regimes
- 08:27Helical Gear Characteristics (Part 1)
- 04:51Helical Gear Characteristics (Part 2)
- 6 questionsLet's check your understanding of helical gear characteristics
- 11:41Bevel Gear Characteristics
- 6 questionsLet's check your understanding on bevel gear characteristics
- 00:58Sample real life application of Gearbox
- 01:29Gearbox Example in Mining Application
Daniel Amevor has over 15 years of industry experience working in various capacities such as a service engineer, maintenance & reliability engineer, and reliability leader at different companies in the mining industry in Alberta, Canada. He specialized in heavy equipment maintenance and reliability. With extensive research and industry experience, he has developed study tutorials and exam practice quizzes for professional certification exams.
His Current Certification:
CMRP - Certified Maintenance and Reliability Professional by SMRP
CRE - Certified Reliability Engineer by ASQ
PMP - Project Management Professional by PMI
P. Eng - Professional engineer certified by Apega in Alberta, Canada