GDPR Essentials - the first 5 steps
- This is a beginners' course and you will be provided with any documents referred to in the video training
- No prior GDPR knowledge is assumed in this course
Our 5 Step GDPR introductory course to take you from zero to compliance so you access the expert support and explanation needed to help you reach compliance for GDPR. The law referred to within this course is correct at 14th May 2018
This is what is included in this easy to follow, clear course
Step 1 – Data Audit – What data do I have? (with spreadsheet)
Step 2 – Data Audit – What do I do with the data that I found in Step 1? (with colour-tabbed Word tables)
Step 3 – Permissions – What are the Permissions which apply to how I process the data (as identified in Step 2).
Step 4 – ‘Legitimate Interest’ – What does it mean and how much of my processing can I fit under this umbrella?
Step 5 – Data Cleansing – a short explanation about why secure destruction of data doesn’t mean hitting the delete key and emptying a recycle bin, together with some options for secure destruction methods to investigate
- Someone tasked with GDPR compliance who has identified they need additional help, are seeking some plain English explanations or are short of time to research everything themeselves.
- Bonus Lecture00:05
- Step 1 - Data Audit Part 103:32
- Step 2 - The Data Inventory03:57
- Step 3 - Permissions - Legal Bases for Processing09:39
- Step 4 - Legitimate Interest06:25
- Step 5 - Data Erasure06:03
Biog – Commercial Intelligence, IT and Privacy Law Specialist, eLearning Tutor, Profiling specialist.
Bob (or Cyber Bob as we often call him) started his legal career in the armed forces in counter intelligence before his 2nd career in legal and IT eLearning commenced in 1996. He has lectured extensively to students studying the ILEX, LLB and for CPE and LPC qualifications, trained the Legal Services Commission and Court Service as well as the RAF police force. Bob’s forces career took him across the world advising on various Cyber Law, Immigration and Criminal Law matters. He has a natural ability to explain the complex in simple terms.