GDPR Compliance & Data Protection/Data Privacy for Beginners
What you'll learn
- GDPR regulations and how each are applied in real-world situations
- The difference between data protection and data privacy
- Obligations of a business in relation to personal data
- The responsibilities of data protection officers and employees
- Reportable and non-reportable data breaches
**Please note that the contents of this course are intended as guidance in regards to best practice within organisations and do not constitute legal advice. For information specific to your company with regards to data protection, please contact your organisation’s data protection officer**
Over this course, you'll learn about the following aspects of GDPR and Data Protection / Data Privacy Compliance
* An overview of the General Data Protection Regulations themselves
* An in depth view of each right under GDPR
* Data Protection vs Data Privacy
* Obligations of a business in relation to personal data
* The responsibilities of data controllers and employees
* Reportable and non-reportable data breaches
Also included within each of the above sections are some real-world examples of these rights being applied in relation to personal data as well as information on who is liable should a breach occur, which can depend on the circumstances involved and more importantly how well best practice was followed in regards to a specific incident.
It is important to note that GDPR applies to any data that goes in or out of the EU or is related to EU citizens, regardless of where your organisation may be based. This is especially important for organisations based in multiple countries.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone wanting to gain a basic level understanding of GDPR and how it applies in the real world
I've had a passion for technology from a very early age and achieved Microsoft Certified Professional status in 2004. Over the last 5 years or so I've worked on both IT support and infrastructure support and have provided solutions to 1st line helpdesk staff on how to fix basic problems.