Microsoft Word VBA Macro Programming - Introduction
What you'll learn
- The knowledge required to start confidently writing VBA macros which automate procedures in Word and which will enhance your own profile as a Word developer.
- You will learn to overcome the limitations of the Macro Recorder by writing your own code.
- You will become familiar with the Visual Basic Editor.
- You will learn how to work with the Word Object model.
- You will learn the basics of event programming.
- You will learn how to create user interfaces for your Word macro solutions.
- You will learn how to validate user input.
- You will learn how to debug your Word programming code.
- You will learn how to make your macros more robust by implementing error handling.
- The course is aimed at users of Microsoft Word 2016, 2013, 2010 or 2007, running on Windows XP, Windows 7 or Windows 8.
- Users will need a good working knowledge of Microsoft Word itself.
There are many online training courses on Excel VBA; but this is the only Word VBA course dedicated specifically to using VBA macro programming to automate Microsoft Word.
" This course helped me develop my own macros, and start grasping more complex coding principles. Thank you! "
The Word VBA video tutorials in this course are designed to give you all the ammunition you'll need to start creating your own custom macros to automate Microsoft Word tasks and operations.
Microsoft VBA (Visual Basic for applications) allows you to control Microsoft Office programmatically. You can write macros which perform repetitive tasks saving your organisation, or your clients, time and money.
Word users learn VBA macro programming for a number of reasons: some people are looking to enhance their career prospects; some are looking to save themselves time; others are aiming to save their company money and increase productivity.
Perhaps you are an advanced Microsoft Word user looking to venture beyond the use of the macro recorder.
Perhaps you are a Microsoft Office specialist looking to enhance your skills portfolio and make yourself truly indispensable in the workplace.
Perhaps you have already learned how to automate Microsoft Excel using VBA and you are now looking to do the same with Microsoft Word.
Whatever your reasons for wanting to learn to write Word VBA macros, this course will equip you with everything you need to get started and feel confident about writing your own Word VBA code.
" I had no previous training on Word VBA coding but had used Word VBA code to create a complex Userform & document; primarily by copying and pasting from example code found on the internet - this was very time consuming and I found it almost impossible to customise and debug my code because I didn't really understand how the code worked. This course has broken down the concepts of code and syntax and shown me how to create useful and efficient interactions between the various code parts of my project - I can now see much better ways of structuring and coding my Userform & document and will be rewriting the majority of it... "
Who this course is for:
- This course is aimed at users with an intermediate or advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word but with little or no knowledge of VBA programming.
Grant Gamble is an experienced IT trainer, developer, consultant and author able to deliver a wide range of training courses. He has a vast experience of delivering public and on-site IT training content at different skill levels, to groups of varying sizes.
His UK company G Com Solutions Limited provide IT training courses and consultancy to a wide range of UK and international clients. His speciality is running week-long, intensive training workshops on topics like Microsoft Power BI, VBA, web development and Adobe Creative Suite automation.