13 Classic Rock Songs
What you'll learn
- Rhythm guitar parts of 13 classic rock songs
- Improved Rhytm-Guitar Techniques
- Extended Song Repertoire
- Improved Stylistic Knowledge
- Skills equaling completed general course level of the song your trying to learn.
A collection of 13 songs on different levels not available in the general course. Use them to sharpen your skills or just to enjoy yourself.
The songs are:
- Back In Black (AC DC) - LEVEL 6
- Boulevard Of Broken Dreams (Green Day) - LEVEL 2
- Dance Macabre (Ghost) - LEVEL 3
- Enter Sandman (Metallica) - LEVEL 5
- Every Breath You Take (The Police) - LEVEL 6
- Hard To Handle (Otis Redding/Black Crowes) - LEVEL 4
- Hells Bells (AC DC) - LEVEL 4
- Here Comes The Sun (Beatles) - LEVEL 6
- Here Comes The Sun SIMPLIFIED (Beatles) - LEVEL 1
- Nothing Else Matter (Metallica) - LEVEL 6
- Nothing Else Matter SIMPLIFIED (Metallica) - LEVEL 3
- Song 2 (Blur) - LEVEL 4
- Summer Of 69 (Bryan Adams) - LEVEL 5
- Sweet Home Alabama (Lynyrd Skynyrd) - LEVEL 6
- Sweet Home Alabama SIMPLIFIED (Lynyrd Skynyrd) - LEVEL 4
- Under The Bridge (Red Hot Chili Peppers) - LEVEL 6
The interface is the same as in the general course with the addition of 2 video-types:
PART IN CONTEXT (PIC) - This is instead of the fastest practicing video and is a practicing video with full band.
PERFORMANCE VIDEO - This is a video with the guitar part you've learned missing. Use it to do your own performance.
ALSO: To make navigation easier all the lesson steps are represented as individual lessons instead of having the entire lesson as a long continuous video like in the general course. This explains the massive lesson count.
Song Overview PDF:s are available in the resources od the first lesson ("Introduction) of each song
Learn The Guitar By Learning Songs is a series of guitar lessons that aim to provide guitar students with efficient practicing tools in the form of well-structured play-along based lessons. In addition to verbal instructions all of the steps leading up to the mastery of a song are represented as short practicing videos (“PV:s”) that repeats the segment at speeds suitable for practicing. The goal of each lesson is to the master the song video which is a fully produced track with on screen notation that corresponds to the practicing videos the student has been through. The platform is divided into 2 product lines: The General Course which is a systematic course that in 71 songs over 5 levels will take you from complete beginner to an early advanced level, and the General Course Independent-Series (GCI) which simply is songs and courses that you can expect to be able to learn when you are on a certain level. There are no GCI:s in the General Course.
Who this course is for:
- Beginner to advanced guitar players
Learn The Guitar By Learning Songs is the output of Guitar Teacher Håkan Lundqvist - Born 1971 in the rural parts of northern Sweden. I started playing guitar at age 11 and was educated at the Jazz Program of the Music Conservatory of Trondheim, Norway. Quit Jazz after finished education and has ever since been focusing on Rock and Pop. Started teaching in 1994 and has also been running a low-budget music production company since 2001. In 2005 I decided to start using the resources of my production company to create a web-based practicing-solution for my students. this has led me to record cover-versions of a significant amount of classic songs and I have ever since been trying to find a fine-tuned succession of these songs that step by step builds a solid guitar-craft. This has led to the 5-leveled "General Course" which is a play-along based course that through 71 songs takes the student from complete beginner to an early advanced level.