Gateway to Mindfulness - Certified Course for Beginners
What you'll learn
- All the basics of mindfulness in a simple, friendly, accessible course
- What mindfulness is, and the benefits it brings
- How to be present where you are
- How to put thoughts in perspective
- Building up kindness - to yourself too!
- Take control of stress, anxiety and suffering
- Not just meditation: how to incorporate mindfulness seamlessly into your everyday life
- Move forwards in your new mindful life - maintain and expand your practice
- No prerequisites. This course is suitable for beginners.
“Mindfulness” has become an everyday word – articles, books, podcasts about it seem to be everywhere – even your GP has recommended it. But what is it?
A vast body of research has outlined its significant benefits, including a reduction of stress, depression and anxiety levels, more resilience, improved immune response, heart health and blood pressure, better focus, clarity and working memory.
If you are a beginner or need a refresher, this is for you!
This 6-module course is a complete introduction to all of the basics of mindfulness, including:
Introduction to mindfulness – what it is, how we practise and why
The body as an anchor for awareness
“Formal” practice and everyday mindfulness
The breath as an anchor for awareness
The mindful approach to stress and worry
Not identifying with our thoughts
Mindfulness of sounds
The STOP technique for stress and overwhelm
Kindness and compassion towards ourselves and others
The RAIN technique for difficult emotions
Exploring our reactions to experience
The mindful way through suffering
How to turn our practice into a way of life
This course is certified by Eleventh House Wales. If you'd like to have your certificate of completion (and why not - you've put the effort in!), follow the instructions at the end of the course.
I am so excited to have you on board - and I hope you are too!
Who this course is for:
- Beginners looking for a complete introduction to all the basics of mindfulness
- Anyone who wants a refresher to resume their mindfulness practice
I am a Clinical Hypnotherapist and practitioner of Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy, Emotional Freedom Techniques, Neuro-Linguistic Programming, Reiki and Reiki for Animals.
I am based in Bridgend (Wales, UK), where I help clients with anxiety, chronic stress, trauma, weight loss, smoking, phobias, chronic pain - and even past life regression.
I also teach online and in-person courses and workshops on healthy mind topics (bespoke workshops available!), and am a trainer for the National Hypnosis Training Academy (NHTA).