Card Making Workshop - Creating Gate Fold Cards
What you'll learn
- You will be able to create Gate Fold Cards from start to finish.
- You will be able to cut, score and layer cards.
- You will be able to stamp and sponge color sentiments.
- You will be able to die cut shapes to add embellishments to your cards.
- You will learn advanced techniques for creating professional looking cards.
- No previous crafting experience is necessary.
- Card making supplies or the curiosity to learn how to use them.
- You will need several types of materials including patterned paper, card stock, stamps, and dies.
In this workshop course, you will learn how to cut, layer, stamp and embellish Gate Fold Cards. You will use the Something Fancy Stamp Set, Something Fancy Dies, the Flowers & More Designer Series Paper, and coordinating cardstock and ink by Stampin’ Up! You will learn how to create several styles of A2 Gate Fold cards. The cards will have multiple layers and embellishments. You can substitute any of these supplies with items from your craft stash. You can use the skills you acquire in this course to create other cards because the techniques you learn are broadly applicable.
In this course, you will learn skills, tips & tricks for creating Gate Fold Cards. You will start by cutting and scoring the cardstock for your card bases. Then you will add additional layers using Basic White and the Flowers & More Designer Series Paper. Then, you will learn to die cut shapes from the Something Fancy dies using the Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine. You will design cards using the shapes in several ways, making each card unique. You will learn to stamp and sponge color your sentiments for your cards. You will add and layer your embellishments to add finishing touches to your cards, making each design unique. You will learn how to step up your cards by embossing and decorating envelopes. The skills you learn in this class can be applied to a variety of card making projects. I hope you will share your projects with your classmates and practice what you learn.
Who this course is for:
- Crafters who enjoy the card making process.
- Crafters who want to learn different card designs and techniques.
- Crafters who are interested in mass producing cards to share or to sell.
I'm the Papered Chef and love all kinds of paper crafting including stamping, die cutting and card making. I sell my crafts at craft fairs, on Etsy and through custom orders. I also teach craft classes and have facilitated craft club activities for several years. I volunteer to craft with non-profit organizations and donate many of my crafts to organizations. I'm a Stampin' Up demonstrator and strive to create and share original projects using Stampin' Up which I then share with others. I love sharing my paper crafting recipes with the world so please visit my blog and YouTube channel using the links in my profile. Thanks for visiting and I hope you enroll in one of my Brother ScanNCut courses.