GarageBand 101- Learn How To Write & Record Your First Song!
- Update to the latest version of GarageBand!
- No prior experience needed!
This course is designed to help you start making great music in GarageBand fast! Video lessons show you how to write, record, edit, and polish your songs step-by-step. You'll learn how to use the tools GarageBand offers for creative songwriting (including software instruments & the session drummer) as well how to use its powerful tools for editing & mixing (cleaning and polishing) your songs! The videos in this course are content rich and get straight to the point so that you can start making high quality music in GarageBand without wasting any time! And don't worry, we are going to make this easy and fun!
If you are a songwriter or musician who wants to record your own music in GarageBand but you have no idea where to start... this course is made for you!
Who this course is for:
- Anyone musician or hobbyist who wants to learn how to start making music in GarageBand
- Beginners who want to write and record music for the first time!
- 01:08Class Intro (DoN'T sKiP!)
- 05:44GarageBand In 5 Minutes!
- 04:32Software Instruments (One Of GB's MOST Exciting Tools!)
- 00:00Check Out A Song Produced ENTIRELY In GarageBand!
- 05:31The Session Drummer
- 04:22Track Effects
- 00:02Listen To A Synth Pop Song Produced ENTIRELY In GarageBand!
- 00:54BONUS LECTURE: Ready To Go Deeper?!
Firstly, Dean is a songwriter/producer who loves making original music in his home studio! Beyond making original music, Dean is the director of The Songwriting Studio, a resource and community aimed at training songwriters how to write and produce meaningful, high quality music from home through weekly video blogs, in-depth courses, and studio production services. Dean has a passion for passing on what he has learned through songwriting for more than a decade, working with clients in the studio, and teaching more than 100 students in private and group lessons.
Dean is also a follower of Jesus, a husband, a father, and a worship pastor at his home church. He loves to pray, spend time with his wife, wrestle his four children, pour into his church community, and ride bikes! Dean has served as a music director in three churches, helping grow leadership and musicianship among worship team members and helping develop training materials on the heart of worship and the practical skills of musicianship.