Make An RPG With GameMaker Studio 2
What you'll learn
- Develop games for GameMaker Studio 2
- Learn to include certain features like transitions in their GameMaker Studio 2 games
- You should learn how to use a PC
- You should have the GameMaker Studio 2 Desktop License
Welcome to Make An RPG With GameMaker Studio 2.
In this course we will build an RPG consisting of commonly used features from other games.
We will create a player, that will be able to run around and attack enemies. Later on we will build
a smart enemy that follows around your player that will be later on enhanced as the boss in the game.
GameMaker Studio 2 is a great engine for building 2D RPG games; since, it gives you the tools to not only produce a decent game, but also makes it easier for you to understand your own and other people's work.
We will also build a world that you can explore, in the course, I leave it up to you to make the world as detailed as you want, but we will go over how to use tilemaps to build the world.
This course is for intermediate GameMaker Studio 2 users. if you already have knowledge in GameMaker Language and know how the game engine works, this course is for you.
We will use many of the features that GameMaker Studio 2 has to offer!
If you are forgetful, we will recap most of the important things in GameMaker Studio 2 for an hour in the beginning.
After taking this course, you should know how to implement these features into your game.
- Tilesets for the world of your game
- Finite State Machines (enumerators)
- A fully functional player
- An enemy
- A controller object that stores data across all rooms
- Open chests and have your players hold up the item for a couple of seconds
- Unlimited alarms
You'll receive the GameMaker Studio 2 project file for the game at the end of the course.
Feel free to check out the previews below to get an idea of what the course is like!
Who this course is for:
- People who want to enhance their ability to use GameMaker Studio 2
- Anyone who wants to build an awesome RPG game
We are Suspendee Studios, a game studio that specializing in multiplayer games.
As we are a startup company, we already have made two games, and have built a HTML5 networking engine.
GameMaker Studio has allowed us to make high quality games and get them out quick.
We love multiplayer games, because it's a difficult market to get into.
We seek success, prosperity, and, wealth.