Build Your Own Games Now - GameMaker Studio 2 (GML)
- 2 hours on-demand video
- 4 articles
- 1 downloadable resource
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Build your own games!
- Share your games with the world
- Sell your games
- Use GameMaker Language effectively
In this lecture, you'll learn to make player movement using the keyboard (arrow keys + WASD) and mouse.
- A computer with GameMaker Studio 2 installed
- No programming knowledge is required!
- You can use the free version of GameMaker Studio 2, which will come with some limits - but you will still be able to use it for learning!
Hey there, and welcome to my course!
I am Gurpreet Singh Matharoo, a GameMaker Mentor and Instructor. I have years of experience in GameMaker, and have helped many people to learn game development through my courses, tutorials, and guides.
In this course, you'll learn how GameMaker Studio 2 works, and as an example we will create a shoot 'em up style game from the ground up. GameMaker Language (a.k.a. GML) is the built-in programming language used in GameMaker Studio. It is very quick to learn and simple to use. I will guide you through the basics of the language before starting, so even if you have no experience in coding at all, you will have no trouble in following this course.
The structure of the course is as follows:
- First I introduce you to GameMaker Studio 2 and explain how it works.
- Then I explain what events are and how they work, and then give you an introduction to programming in GML.
- Then I walk you through a step-by-step process of creating a shoot 'em up style game using GML.
- Then I show you how some more interesting things are done in GameMaker.
- You can also download the source file of the shoot 'em up game we make in this course.
When you finish the course, you will have the knowledge you require to create your own games and the base to learn more. With a GameMaker licence, you can even sell your games!
Furthermore, if you are my student, I can help you with any of your problems related to GameMaker, for no extra charges.
So what are you waiting for? Sign up for the course now, and let's get started!
- Extreme beginners who want to learn how to make games
- Users who want to learn to code using GameMaker Language