Game Development 2019 | Build and Share your first 3D Game
What you'll learn
- Create a full game and share it with the world
- Detect collisions, receive user input, and create player movements
- Create enemies with basic AI behavior
- Collect and destroy game objects
- Implement sound effects, background music, and particle effects
- Write extensible and clean code.
- Master C# programming by learning concepts, like variables, "if" statements, and arrays
- Understand fundamental game AI concepts like environment navigation, pathfinding etc.
- Know how games are made and experience the process of making a full commercial quality game.
- You will need a Windows PC or a Mac and a free copy of Unity 2018 or above to follow along.
- Some basic knowledge about Unity will be appreciated.
- knowledge of the Unity Editor and other basic tools.
- Absolute basics of programming such as knowledge of variables, classes etc.
*NEW* Added Much Awaited Content to the course
Making a Video game can be a fun but also very challenging Task. It is all about getting familiar with the process.
In this course, we try to breakdown the game development process by making a fun video game that can be played on both Windows and Mac Os. We will be using the Unity game engine and work with its various subsystems.
In this Unity course, you will:
Master C# concepts such as variables and if statements
Detect collisions, receive user input, and create player movements
Create enemies with basic AI behavior
Collect and destroy game objects
Build the Animation Systems
Implement Navigation and Pathfinding (Navmesh)
Control objects influenced by the physics system
Implement sound effects, background music, and particle effects
Navigate the Unity Engine and discover unique features such as the Asset Store
In this course we will first start with a blank project, then set up the environment for our game and later we'll dive into the scripting. We will walk step by step through every line of code we write. Though it is essential to be familiar with scripting to get most out of this course, there is still a lot to learn about programming games as we try our best to cover and explain the absolute basics.
Further, we will also learn how to use animated objects with Unity's physics system and learn concepts like Quaternions to deal with rotations. We will also add collectibles in the game and an Enemy bird AI.
This course will help you build commercial quality games with polished assets and cinematic effects. Get access to the unique artwork provided by this Unity course and add sophisticated features to your games that make you look like you’ve been programming for years.
By the end, we will have a fun game that can be shared with others.
Why Learn Game Development with Unity?
The gaming industry is a $100 billion industry worldwide. By 2020, that number is expected to near $120 billion. With Unity being the most widely used engine to develop games across multiple platforms, there has never been a better time to get into the field. As you will learn, the types of games you can create with Unity and C# are limitless. Game development makes a great hobby, allowing you to learn a new skill and play your game with family and friends. It is also an exciting and rewarding career, where plenty of successful developers, have learned the fundamentals of game development through courses like this, and not in the traditional classroom setting. Every great game starts somewhere, so why not make it yours? While people often find coding or making games intimidating, this Unity course utilizes a unique teaching method which will allow you to gain a thorough understanding of concepts while you develop your own games. Thanks to the Unity community, you’ll be able to connect with other developers, work together on new projects, and make some incredible games!
Everyone using the Unity engine will benefit since we comprehensively cover how to correctly use many of it's more advanced systems e.g., navigation and pathfinding, animation state machines, physics, and so on.
Join us on this adventure today! We’ll see you inside the course.
**Thanks to Team Treehouse for the assets used in this course.
Who this course is for:
- This course is perfect for developers who want to take their game development skills to the next level.
- People interested in developing commercial quality 2D and 3D games either professionally or as a hobby.
- The ideal student for this course is someone who is interested in game development with Unity and C# and is looking for an interactive, project-based course.
- Anyone using the Unity engine will benefit since we comprehensively cover how to correctly use many of its more advanced systems.
AFast is a technology school that offers beginner to advanced courses in game design, 3d art development, mobile development, game development and much more developed by a team of experts. Its courses are aimed at beginners looking to learn coding skills for a career in the tech industry.
AFast aims to bring affordable and premium quality technology education to people everywhere in order to help them achieve their dreams and change the world.