Game Development using Corona SDK in 2016 with ASO & Ads
What you'll learn
- Create an Original Mobile Game that will Guarantee Downloads with Corona SDK
- If you want to start an app business, you'll need to build games that aren't just another Flappy Bird Clone. This course will teach you how to make a game that will make an impact on the app store.
- Download and Install the Latest Corona SDK
- You should have a bit of familiarity with Corona SDK. (Not that much is required!)
- Although you'll have access to a refresh, a little working knowledge of LUA will help you throughout the course.
Have you ever wanted to learn how to build a mobile game? Then this course is for you! Game Development with Corona SDK will skip past the boring 'Hello World' examples and you'll jump right into making a game that will be sure to make an impact in the app stores.
You'll learn to make a game that pits Ninjas against Pirates in a time classic battle. This game features animated characters, an intuitive playing style, an upgrade system, and in-game currency.
Once the game is built, you'll turn your focus on monetization. Generating revenue from your games is something that's overlooked in other courses and this course will make sure monetization is a main focus point. We'll look at paid options as well as in-app advertising options using Corona SDK.
You'll learn how to:
- Develop a fun and interactive mobile game
- Learn the easy way to publish your game on multiple app stores - iTunes, Google Play, Amazon, and more!
- Explore ways to generate revenue from your games
- Learn where to find free game art
- Discover sources for free music
- Get briefed on ASO - app store optimization
If you've ever wanted to build your own mobile game and you don't want another boring course on variables or loops, then this course is for you. Imagine the possibilities of being able to create your own games for customers around the world!
What You'll Need
This course takes advantage of Corona SDK. Corona SDK is a great platform to quickly bring your ideas to life and you'll need to have a basic understanding of Corona SDK along with the latest public build. This course will walk you through some of the basics and where to download Corona SDK, but your focus will be on topics that are beyond variables and your basic if-then statement.
Who this course is for:
- This course is geared towards students who have a little familiarity with Corona SDK and/or students who are looking to jump into building an original game that will make a splash in the app stores.
The instructor for this course, Daniel Williams, has experience with online marketing, web development, and game development. He's a seasoned veteran with Corona SDK and has been developing apps using Corona's platform for quite some time. Daniel has published over 100 apps under his accounts and several more for clients. These apps have ranged from business apps, such as calculators for engineers and cookbooks for healthy eaters, to game apps, such as word games, educational games, and casual games.
In addition to his game development experience, he's had his hands in all aspects of online marketing such as search engine optimization, content strategies, retargeting ad campaigns, and web development.
Daniel has a passion for teaching and has written a book on Corona SDK. The written book covers the basics of Corona SDK and even goes over the basic game mechanics some popular game genres. Daniel also has written several online tutorials for the community and maintains a blog discussing some how-to's for Corona SDK and PHP. He hopes to share his knowledge with anyone that is willing to listen.