Game Development Crash Course w/Solar2D: Fast and EASY!
- System Requirements: macOS® X 10.11 or later, Intel Mac
- System Requirements: Windows 7, 8, or 10, 1+ GHz processor, 1+ GB of RAM, OpenGL 2.1 or higher (available in most modern Windows systems)
If you're interested in 2D mobile game development you need to discover the Solar2D framework -- because it's freaking awesome!
In this online game development crash course for beginners we’re going to dive in and create a simple game. Along the way you'll magically learn how to use the core concepts of Solar2D...
Tap and Touch Events
So put the dog outside, send your kids to the neighbor's to play, tell your spouse you need some "me time" -- and then dive into this crash course and find out just how easy...
...and how much FUN making your own game can be!
Who this course is for:
- People Who Wanna Make Games!
- Folks Who Have Heard About Solar2D And Want To Understand All The Excitement!
- Folks Who Have Never Heard Of Solar2D, But Just Want To Make Games, Darn It!
- 00:20Read Me First!
- 00:26What You'll Discover
- 00:26Installing the Corona SDK Framework
- 00:12You'll Need a Code Editor
- 00:54Running Your Code in the Simulator
- 00:16Downloading the Sample Code
- 01:22Inspecting the Project Files
- 00:28Need a Lua Programming Refresher?
Jay has been programming professionally since 1988, starting with game programming and then over the years moving to internet programming with a major Seattle telecommunications firm. Jay started programming for mobile devices in 2010 and currently has several games and apps in the Apple App Store with more on the way.
In addition to writing hundreds of technical articles over the years, Jay has recorded dozens of hours of tutorial videos. He's been a speaker at technical conferences and enjoys teaching how to make games and apps almost as much as making games and apps themselves.
Jay is a Certified Developer with Corona SDK, and is also diving into Unity to make 2D games and tutorials.