Create Board and Video Game Design Projects - 4 Courses in 1
- 9.5 hours on-demand video
- 8 articles
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Understand what makes a game be a good game
- Develop Simple Game Prototypes With Construct 2
- Get to know in which area of the Game Industry the student fits better
- Know the differences between the different types of Game Producers
- Know the different Games Purposes
- Learn how to adjust and choose the best tutorial for each Target Audience
- Find free assets to use in their games, even commercially
- Fill a basic Game Design Document for their own games
- Choose the best Store to publish games, according to the team's goal
- Structure Game Projects
- Manage Game Development Processes
- Prototype quickly
- Develop Complete Board or Card Games Prototypes
- Create Game Projects with Game Design Document and Canvas
- Know how the Tabletop Games and Digital Games were created and how they evolved
- Understand what are and when to use Game Components
- When to use each type of aesthetics
- How to publish your game with a publisher of by yourself
- Edit and Export Sprites and Animations
- Create different game Arcs and Loops
- Create a good Progression in Level Design
- Edit simple audio tracks with audacity
- Find free assets for your projects
- There are absolutely no prerequisites to take this course.
THIS IS NOT A PROGRAMMING COURSE.
This course will teach you in details why each element of a game exists and how to assemble them in an engaging and fun way.
This is the most complete Game Design Course you can find, With over one hundred lessons, this course can turn a complete beginner into a Game Designer.
This course will teach you how to create Board Games and Digital Games from Scratch.
The Game Designer knows a little about every gaming area and a lot about how to group then together in a context that makes sense.
In the first part of the course, you will be introduced to the basics of Game Design Theory , such as
What defines a Game and how they are made
Why games are made
What jobs you can get in the game industry and how it works
How to get free assets for your games
How to write a Game Design Document
In the second part, you will learn how to create projects of games using a Game Design Canvas, so you can quickly organize your ideas and develop your project in a very efficient way.
THIRD AND FOURTH PART
Now you can choose if you want to focus on Digital or Board games.
In these sections, you’ll learn about
The history of Digital and Board Games since the first games until today
How to manage game projects using Kanban and Trello
What kind of elements and components are used in a game
How to create prototypes and validate your ideas
What is the best way of earning money with each type of project
How to balance a game using Math, Level Design and Progression Systems
How the players think and what they want with the psychology of players
How to publish your games
By the end of this course, you’ll be able to:
Analyse and rate existing games
Create and manage game projects from scratch
Choose the best types of mechanics, aesthetics and theme for each type of project.
Create prototypes quickly.
You’ll also be able to download the presentation used in this course and get acces to templates of:
Game Design Analysis Template: so you can practice your Game Designer Skills by rating games you already play.
Game Design Document Template: so you can organize your game rules and parts
Game Design Canvas Template: so you can clearly see how your game works using a table of contents.
By the end of some classes, I’ll challenge you to do some exercises, to help you learn better.
They are not mandatory, but they can make you become a better game designer.
This course will help you create a bionic eye, after your know how games are made, playing them will never be the same again.
Enroll Now and I See you in the course!
- People who want to learn about Game Design
- People who want to become great Game Designers for any platform
- People who want to understand deeply about the game creation processes
- Anyone who plans to work with Games in any area
- Teams who want to learn how to earn money by making games