Game Design Fundamentals
What you'll learn
- Implement different concepts that they will learn in the entire course in their games. They would be able to implement different user experience improvement techniques that have the potential to make their game more addictive and smooth.
- Step by step instruction of how to start your game designing while keeping different concepts in mind
- If you are a game designer you will become a better player amongst your colleague game designers.
- You will be able to identify different Dos and Don'ts of game design principles
- You will be looking at live examples of the implementation of principles in different games like Battlefield, Call of Duty, Assassins creed and many more.
- Many games have been researched before compiling of the materials explained in this course.
- This course will provide concepts with examples from famous games of today.
- Programming or computer skills are not needed for this course
- If you are a gamer that would help in understanding different aspects due to example in the lectures
In this course we will learn different ways and techniques about how an Indie game developer can improve his gameplay, make his gameplay more addictive by understanding action-response theory.
We are going to cover different topics related to game design like what a user expects when he buys the game, what are the things that user want and what user don't want. We are going to cover different gameplay chunks and how we can improve our quality by implementing we are going to learn about Dos and Don'ts of Artificial Intelligence with how we can polish our prototype and much more.
Its a quick start guide in Game Design. You will be taken through the different live examples that how these concepts are implemented to famous AAA games that makes them more addictive.
This course is perfect for anyone who wants to start his/her career as a game designer/Indie Game developer and also for students that are looking for a quick start in game design.
Course is based upon research on AAA games that are famous in the market.
What will you learn? Different mechanisms/Examples to think about Dos and Don'ts to implement while designing Level/Gameplay.
- How to Identify limitations in Idea with respect to Story, Technology and Gameplay.
- How Artificial intelligence can help in getting things done easily.
- What player expects when he buys/download your game.
- Understand User Input/Response behavior.
- Compare different games according to their game design.
In this course we will get to know how world class games use these concepts to implement their addictive gameplay according to the player expectation.
Start playing now and press "take this course".
Who this course is for:
- Students who want to learn game design principles.
- Indie game developers who want to enhance their game design knowledge to enhance their games experience with users.
- If you enjoy playing games, This course will teach you a better understanding how these game design principles help the designers to create such an addictive flow gameplay
So a bit about me, Ritesh Kanjee: I've graduated from University of Johannesburg as an Electronic Engineer with a Masters in Image Processing and 8 years ago I started my online school called Augmented Startups where I have over 97'000 subscribers on YouTube and over 60'000 students on Augmented AI Bootcamp/Udemy.
I’ve worked with popular tools such as TensorFlow Keras, Open CV, and PyTorch and I’ve also produced High ranking tutorials that feature on Google and YouTube. My Machine Learning Series is also one of the most viewed videos, over 300 thousand views and you’ll find them ranked right at the top on YouTube search results.
From my tutorials, I have received a lot of great feedback and testimonials from students all around the world, I will share those reviews towards the end of the video
And I have also presented at international conferences and meetups in AI. For industry standard AI, I have partnered up with Geeky Bee AI who are Experts in the field in AI and Deep Learning and have experience developing AI apps for real world applications.
Always excited to learn more and more about game development. Reading books, Following and making tutorials, getting new skills under the belt on daily basis is something that comes under my interest. Have Huge interest in Virtual Reality using Oculus rift!
* With more than 4 years of experience in Unity game development with strong knowledge of C# and Object-Oriented concepts I want to enhance my skills in game development.