Game Asset Creation with Blender 2.8 & Substance Painter
- 4.5 hours on-demand video
- 2 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- How to create Low and High poly version of asset inside Blender.
- UV Unwraping in Blender.
- Baking normal map in Substance Painter.
- PBR texturing techniques in Substance Painter.
- Rendering the asset in Iray ( Substance Painter ) .
- Importing and rendering the asset inside Marmoset Toolbag ( Video & Images ).
- Compositing & Post Production of the render in Photoshop.
- As this course is designed for beginners - intermediate artists the only requirments are:
- Basic knowledge of Blender ( Interface, Navigation Tools )
- Willing to learn
The main principle in creating a game asset is to preserve maximum level of details at the minimum polygon count. In this course you will learn how to preserve details in your low poly without adding more polygons.
In order your model to look realistic it requires a highquality texture, together we will create 3 Physically based rendering (PBR) textures for our asset, which can be later exported to an game engine. The look of your model also depends on the engine it is rendered in. We are going to render our asset inside Iray ( Substance painter integrated render engine ) and also inside Marmoset Toolbag. These render engines supports Real-Time Rendering and this is the place where our PBR textured game asset is going to shine !
In order to make you familiar with the entire workflow of creating a game asset, we will create together an M24 Antitank grenade used in WWII. This is going to be the model on which you will learn, practice every step and all the techniques required to create a high quality game asset from idea to its visualization !
- This course is designed for students who want to learn how to create assets for video games.