Create your own 2D game assets with Inkscape for free!
What you'll learn
- create characters, platforms, buttons and simple animations for your mobile game!
- Create quality game graphics, that can sell on online marketplaces!
- create 2d game graphics suitable for Yoyo games Game Maker, Gamesalad, unity 2d or any other program!
- use the free design tool Inkscape and create much more than just game art
- You will need Inkscape (download it for free!)
While there are ample game assets available for download, you may still have trouble finding ones that fit the game you’re building. That’s when Inkscape, a free vectors graphic program, truly earns its stripes. Dive into this quick 4.5-hour course, and learn to create scalable, highly versatile game assets usable in 2D mobile games and much more.
All the assets created in the videos are yours with the course! That means 30+ unique elements to use in games or experiment with!
What will we create?
Create custom 2D game art in Inkscape w/ 4.5 hours of content
Craft art for animations, platforms, characters & more
Ensure your assets are scalable & versatile, usable on any device & at any resolution
Have stunning graphics on hand for use in any games
Improve your general game design skills with real life examples
And remember: I am here to teach and help you! If you have any question, just ask! I will add new courses and resources time-to-time!
Who this course is for:
- This course is for you, if you want to create your own game and keep a low budget.
- This course will help you create all 2d game graphics you might need!
- This course is not about 3d and won't help you develop and build your game. But it will help you make some awesome graphics with a free program!
I'm a graphic designer, illustrator and design teacher for more than 10 years. I create clever logos and cute illustrations, I like to inspire, share my knowledge and make people think and laugh!
I use Inkscape, an open source graphic design program in most of my design, and I was teaching this to my students too in a college in Budapest.
I am constantly sharing knowledge about design and life as a freelancer. I teach on Udemy since 2014 and work together with some of my friends now, to create better courses together by sharing my online teaching experience
Exploring new ways to create and sharing my knowledge is what I like the most - so don't be afraid to ask, I'm here to teach!.