Google Certified Educator - Level 1
What you'll learn
- Google Certified educator Level 1 exam prep included!
- Improve your understanding of G Suite for education.
- Build digital skills and understand the benefits of cloud based working.
- Learn about the ways in which Google can transform school processes.
- Gain access to real and relevant examples that have been used in the classroom.
- Work through tutorials at your own pace to focus on areas that matter to you.
- Work in a simulated school environment to provide context to activities.
- Discover how Google Apps for Education combine to improve teaching and learning workflow.
- Use tools such as Google Classroom and Google Drive to redefine your classroom and how content is shared along with the ability to provide meaningful feedback.
- Reach out to your community through a variety of engagement tools.
- Explore how this can be shared with the rest of the school to impact school wide pedagogy.
- Ideally, students will have a working knowledge of G Suite for Education but not vital!
- Laptop with webcam
Welcome to our course G Suite for Education - Level 1! In this course, you will access a full overview of Google apps with lectures, resources to help you develop your understanding of this fantastic tool! We even provide practise questions to help you with preparation for the Google Certified Educator Level 1 exam. Our course is jam packed with top tips and insight to help you get the most out of your subscription and to transform your teaching and learning workflow.
We are always on hand should you have any questions and, as ex teachers, we can help you to start planning for deployment in your schools.
Also, check out our online learning platform https://aspired.online/ for more exclusive courses!
Who this course is for:
- Beginner to intermediate G Suite for Education users
Matt is an ex teacher and Leader of Blended Learning at a cluster academy in Bristol. He successfully led a large scale implementation of integrated technology and ran an Apple Regional Training Centre, providing practical and relevant advice/training on the use of technology in the classroom. He later went on to work with schools in a wider capacity, helping them to establish an effective culture to improve teaching and learning outcomes. Matt has since become Apple, Google and Microsoft certified as well as a Computing at School Master Teacher, and was recognised for his approach to teaching and learning with technology through his selection as a regional winner in the Pearson National Teacher Awards, for ‘Outstanding use of Technology in Education’.
Matt now works with organisations across Education, Sport and Business, helping them transform the way they work through technology in order to facilitate increased outcomes. Matt aims to enhance their working practice by blending technology and existing workflow to maximise time, efficiency and outcomes. He oversees all Professional Learning Programmes for Aspire 2Be and along with our highly skilled team, aims to inspire others to cultivate effective working practice by focussing on cultural as well as technological change. His outstanding knowledge base around digital competence and school improvement has helped to deliver sustained impact for a variety of organisations.
Beth is an experienced upper KS2 teacher, and ICT leader, and taught for the past 7 years. During this time, she developed and honed her teaching skills, to integrate and embed technology into the classroom in a meaningful way. Beth has always been curious about new technologies and the impact they can have on teaching and learning, and is constantly learning new things herself!
As a Learning Technologist, Beth is passionate about developing relationships with clients, in order to stimulate transformational digital change in their organisations. Beth has worked closely with a variety of Education & Business clients, to bring their visions to life. She is creative and innovative, and works on a range of projects - from developing bespoke education projects with national businesses, to supporting in schools, training teachers in G Suite or iPad apps to enhance their learning experiences. She also enjoys supporting educators by producing informative sketchnotes on topical education issues.
Ryan is one of very few Apple Professional Learning Specialists in the United Kingdom. Alongside working closely with Apple products, Ryan is also a Google Certified Educator and Trainer. Uniquely qualified to demonstrate how to best use technology for teaching and learning, Ryan can support in advancing technology skills, with a key focus on innovative practice. By developing bespoke strategies with leadership teams, Ryan has supported across all stages of Education (EYFS, KS1, KS2, KS3, KS4, KS5, FE and HE) in their digital transformation. Ryan’s role at Aspire 2Be is also to lead the delivery of the Respect Programme which looks specifically at how technology can support and enhance learning for pupils with Additional Learning Needs.