Fusion 360 To URDF
What you'll learn
- Clear URDF understanding with help of examples
- Correct ways to convert fusion 360 model to urdf
- Error related to fusion_2_urdf plugin as well methods to solve them
- Methods to set up joint alignment correctly
- Methods to assign proper weights in fusion to generate accurate inertia tag
- In optional part, students will learn to correct urdf errors and visualize it in rviz
- In optional part, students will learn to color the robot test its motion in gazebo
- Fusion 360 need to pre-installed in laptop/pc
- Basic Knowledge of 3d modeling and joint assembly in fusion 360
- [optional part] ROS need to be setup properly in Ubuntu (Linux Operating System)
- [optional part] basic knowledge of ROS (Robotics Operating System)
In this course, you will learn about urdf (unified robot description format) with help of examples and correct method to convert a fusion 360 CAD model to urdf using opensource fusion 360 plugins. You will learn to set correct assembly format to export robot model to urdf and also about some good practices like method to name model components, setting up robot axis as per ros urdf conversions. As well as you will understand the errors related to fusion2urdf plugin and their solution.
This course is divided into 2 parts:
Fusion 360 model to URDF: You will learn to convert Fusion 360 model to urdf and stuff related to 3d model components, assembly joints etc.
URDF ROS [Optional Parts]: These parts will be option and will be for those who fulfill the prerequisites. This part covers urdf ros related stuff.
Course Flow :
This course has used a practical approach of explanation.
In this course will use different kind of robot model to explain the concepts.
And throughout this course will use an AMR [autonomous mobile robot] and assemble it components in fusion 360 than assign mass to components and export it urdf model.
In the optional part, we will build exported robot package in ros than will correct errors in urdf and visualize it in rviz.
At the end will spawn the robot in gazebo simulator and will test robot motion using teleop ros package.
What You Will Learn :
Understanding of URDF.
Understanding of assembly format in Fusion to export urdf.
Creating Component from bodies such that no nested component is created.
Methods to set joint alignments to zeros.
Learnt about good practices to generated good urdf files.
Assembly robot component without violating fusion2urdf plugin guidelines.
Method to solve errors while exporting urdf.
Method to assign weight and its importance in urdf inertia tag.
[Optional part] build urdf ros pakages.
[Optional part] correct error related to controller_manager ros interface while launch gazebo.
[Optional part] correcting joint motion direction errors in urdf and visualizing it in rviz.
[Option part] testing robot motion in gazebo as well correcting errors in it.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who want to convert CAD model to urdf
- Anyone who want to learn about Robotics & URDF
I have experience of working as a robotics simulation intern. I just love robotics. I have worked on many robotics project like pick and place robot , line following robot etc. I have expertise in Robotics simulation. I have work on ROS (Robotics Operating System) with many simulator like Coppeliasim, Gazebo, Unity. I have also made couple of online courses on robotics as well developed lot of robotics project as a freelancer.
I have worked on some exciting robotics simulation project like :
1.Drone Control Using Hand Movements
3.Drawaing robot Arm
4.Autonomous Mobile Robot
I have also helped hundreds of students from all over the world in robotics simulation and research through many social media platforms.