Fusion 360 for 3D Printing - Creating Curved Bodies
What you'll learn
- Apply skills necessary to design custom curved geometry in their models
- Apply useful skills in preparing models for 3D printing
- Apply post processing techniques to their 3D prints for a finished look
- Basic working knowledge of Autodesk Fusion 360
- Designing for 3D Printing with Fusion 360 Course by Vladimir Mariano
In this course we cover some useful methods for creating curved bodies. We learn how to reference a sphere in order to create a curved extrusion. We briefly jump into the Patch environment and learn how to make a custom surface from two spline curves. We also cover how to add curved text to your model. Apply these methods while modeling a beautiful fully ready to 3D print Wonder Woman Tiara.
The second part of the course we will review our model and look at what design changes we need to make in order to optimize it for 3D printing.
By the end of the course students will have learned the skills necessary to design custom curved geometry in their models. Students will also have learned useful skills in preparing their prints for 3D printing.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone interested in developing their skills in Autodesk Fusion 360
- Anyone wanting to learn how to optimize their designs for 3D printing
Vladimir is the instructor of the top selling online course Designing for 3D Printing with Fusion 360. He has taught over 10,000 students how to design for 3D printing. Vladimir runs two makerspaces in Connecticut and teaches Fusion 360 and 3D printing at a local college.
3D design and printing allows him to get all the crazy ideas out of his head and turn them into real objects. Some are practical while others are well, fun.
He has a degree in Geology from West Virginia University and a RobotC Programming Instructor Certification from Carnegie Mellon Robotics Academy.