Fusion 360: Create a 3D Print Phone Case + Attachments
What you'll learn
- To confidently use Fusion 360 for large 3d print projects
- How to model real life objects like a phone, and design 3d print parts to fit them precisely
- To create multiple 3d print parts that interact together (e.g. through hinges, click-systems, etc.)
- Use a large variety of techniques within Fusion 360 to realize your ideas
- Some experience within Fusion 360 is recommended
- My course '3D Modeling for 3D Printing and Laser Cutting on Fusion 360' OR 'Fusion 360: 1 Hour Quick-Start' are great starting points to this course
- For beginners who really want to follow this course, I provide a link to a playlist with beginner lessons to get you started
This course is a great sequel to my beginner courses on 3D modeling for 3D printing (find them by going to my instructor profile).
This is a project based course in which you will learn a useful and valuable set of tools and techniques to bring your designs to the next level! This while creating fun (and even useful - see the intro video) 3D printable models for your phone.
The major skills you will learn are: how to replicate real life objects (like a phone) in 3D, how to then create 3D print parts to fit these real life objects precisely (like a phone case) and you will learn a variety of methods to design and implement movement and interaction between 3D print parts, through hinges, sliders, snap joints, click systems, etc.
Some slightly more advanced features within Fusion will also be used, like parametric modeling, surface modeling, 3D sketching and importing pictures or meshes to use as reference in your design.
Although this course best follows one of my beginner courses, I did add a link with free materials for beginners who want to try this course, in an effort to make the content available for as many people as possible. The link is embedded in the welcome message after you purchase the course. So, if you are a beginner and cannot wait to design your own amazing phone case, feel free to enroll in the course!
Who this course is for:
- Anyone interested in 3d printing who wants to improve their skills, knowledge and/or experience
- (Industrial) Designers
I'm Larno and I am an Industrial Designer from the Netherlands. I graduated university specializing in 3d modeling and I have always loved using modern methods of manufacturing like 3d printing and laser cutting to prototype my ideas. Now I work on several businesses where we use these production methods to create amazing designs. I have a lot of experience 1 on 1 tutoring people in 3d modeling and am excited to bring this to a higher level, which I have done with my courses on 3d modeling with Fusion 360.