Learn to Play Fur Elise on the Piano
What you'll learn
- Play Fur Elise on the piano
This course consists of 11 videos that will teach you how to play Beethoven's Fur Elise in its entirety.
Fur Elise is a great song choice for beginners for the following reasons:
- The first movement is very easy to play. Even if you have never touched a piano before, you can learn the first movement of Fur Elise without too much difficulty.
- Even if you can only practice for a few minutes each day, you can learn the first movement of this song in just a few weeks.
- Despite being very basic, the first movement of Fur Elise sounds beautiful. I have never a met a person that does not like this song.
- The song progresses in difficulty naturally. As you go through the process of learning the three movements, you will progress very quickly from beginner to an intermediate piano player.
This course is broken into 11 videos: 3 videos for the first movement, 4 videos for the second movement, and 4 videos for the third movement.
Here are some of the reasons why you would want to choose this course over other courses that teach the same song:
- There are no prerequisites for this course. This course will teach you how to play Fur Elise even if you have NEVER touched a piano.
- The video is filmed from directly overhead, making it very easy to see exactly which notes need to be hit.
- The panning and zooming during the video make it very easy to follow exactly where your fingers need to be placed.
- The emphasis is on learning to play the song. You will not be overburdened with theory.
Ideally, it's best if you learn the song on a piano, but a keyboard can also be used. The first 2 movements can be played with a small keyboard. the end of the third movement requires at least a 76 key keyboard (a piano has 88 keys). It will also sound best if you have a pedal.
At the end of this course, you will be able to play Fur Elise in its entirety - all three movements. And with some practice, you will be able to play the song flawlessly.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who wants to play Fur Elise on the piano
Dr. Steve Warner is a mathematician and test prep expert who has been tutoring students in mathematics for standardized tests since 1999. During this time Dr. Warner has used the feedback from thousands of students to develop a unique system that can be used by anyone to drastically improve his or her math score in a very short period of time.
Dr. Warner is also a piano player and songwriter.