Fundraising Success: Standout Events that Exceed Expectation
What you'll learn
- Create standout events that exceed expectations
- Raise more money for your nonprofit through special events
- Thoroughly examine their fundraising events
- Create an event business plan
- Define your event's purpose
- Develop tactics to enhance the experience for your event guests
- Learn how to maximize volunteer efforts to exceed your event's goals
- Define and understand the target market for your event
- Build a unique experience that focuses on your guests
- Set appropriate sponsorship levels
- Implement an auction that raises more money
- Plan for contingencies before and during your events
- Define and measure event success
- You will need a desire to improve your special events
- While not necessary, it may be helpful to have your current event plans handy when you take this course
Does your nonprofit hold fundraising events that WOW your audience?
Do your events seem tired or boring?
Are you raising the most money you can from your special events?
Do your volunteers understand why you hold events?
You can create special events that raise funds and inspire your audience.
Create Standout Events that Exceed Expectations.
This course will equip you to take your fundraising events to the next level, refresh an old experience, learn tips and ideas on how you can maximize your fundraising events potential. Learn how to you make your event standout from the crowd and exceed expectations.
This course provides you with tools and resources to use again and again when designing and executing your events. Whether you are creating a new event or breathing life into an established event, this course teaches you to create the right event for the right people. You can create events that raise more money.
Fundraising professionals, event planners and nonprofit staff will learn from the comfortable discussion style with over 3 hours of video lectures with Trace Kingham and Louanne Saraga Walters. You’ll become part of the discussion as you determine how to produce standout events that exceed expectations.
Who this course is for:
- Fundraising professionals
- Event planners
- Nonprofit CEO's and Executive Directors
- Nonprofit board members
- Development staff
A Life Long Learner, Louanne is honored to have taught thousands of students in diverse areas: video production, nonprofit fundraising and board governance, social media, personal and spiritual growth, organizational management and finance, and nutrition and health over the past three decades. She carries a primary passion for empowering people to express their full potential.
Louanne also has over 30 years in communications, teaching, finance and tourism including:
* A TV news reporter/anchor with three NBC affiliates (KPOM, KRIS, KWQC)
* A video programmer and cruise director with Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines (RCCL)
* A financial advisor with Raymond James & Associates
* Nonprofit Executive Director, Director of Strategic Philanthropy, and Fundraising Consultant with nonprofits small to large
* Instructor to entrepreneurs, small businesses and nonprofits
* Co-Producer and Host of The Philanthropy Show®, an internet talk show program of My Video Voice Productions.
* A nutritionist, gratitude and wellness coach
* Owner of My Video Voice Productions, the full scale video production company she owns with her wife, Sharon.
"I'm grateful to be able to serve thousands more students through this amazing platform Udemy has provided! I look forward to connecting with you in class - and please let me know if you have any comments or questions in the Discussion sections!"
B.A. Communications and Political Science, Trinity University, San Antonio, Texas
M.S. Human Nutrition and Functional Medicine, University of Western States, Portland, Oregon
Trace Kingham is a professional event planner with 20 years experience producing events for non-profit and corporate clients. Trace specializes in fundraising events and has produced events for American Red Cross, American Heart Association, Big Brothers Big Sisters, American Cancer Society, Tampa's Lowry Park Zoo to name just a few. Trace is the author of STANDOUT: Place Your Business In The Spotlight with Results Driven Events. The book examines the 7 steps to successfully plan events for the non-profit and corporate sectors. Trace and his company, Kingham Signature Events have won three international awards, most recently an Esprit Award for his work on the American Red Cross' Humanitarian of the Year Award. Trace's designs have been featured in BRIDES Magazine with a readership of over 15 Million and he is a contributor on Studio 10 Live, in Tampa Florida offering event planning tips and ideas.