Fundraising Success: Creating an Annual Marketing Campaign
What you'll learn
- Understand the importance of creating an annual marketing and communication plan
- Segment their ideal audience craft messaging that delivers impact and a call to action.
- Identify the individuals that make up the marketing team, and how to leverage their expertise and resources to create a plan.
- Set goals and objectives that are actionable and measurable.
- Create a complete marketing and communications plan that outlines channels of communication, frequency of messaging and team member responsibilities.
- Evaluate the success of the plan, areas for improvement and planning ahead.
- While not necessary, it is helpful to have a copy of any marketing or communications material you are currently using with you as you work through this course.
- An understanding of “who is your audience?”
- You will need a desire to improve how your organization communicates to its constituents, value the importance of a consistent and cohesive message and a willingness to invest the time in creating a creative but actionable marketing and communications plan.
Creating a marketing and communications plan to engage your donors, volunteers, partners and clients.
Harness the mission of your organization. Communicate its impact. Create a call to action. Start by determining where you are. Then decide where you want to go. Finally set a map for getting there.
This course will help you craft a marketing and communications plan that you can use all year long, tailored to your organizational goals, size of your team and scalable to your needs. Many nonprofits know what they want to say, but don’t know how to best reach their intended audience and provide opportunities for engagement. This course provides you with tools and resources to help you create impactful messaging, outline how your audience is best communicated with, and actionable activities to support your overall organization marketing and communication objectives. You will receive guidance on how to create your own plan and implement it!
Nonprofit teams that include marketing professionals or a one-person department, regardless of experience, will benefit from the comfortable discussion style with over 2.5 hours of video lectures, Merrill Stewart, and Louanne Saraga Walters. You’ll become part of the discussion as you determine how you want to communicate your organization’s brand, unique factors and impactful purpose with a comprehensive marketing and communications plan.
Who this course is for:
- This course is meant for anyone with responsibilities for fundraising, marketing, or communications in a nonprofit organization
- Both paid staff and volunteers can benefit from this class
A Life Long Learner, Louanne is honored to have taught thousands of students in diverse areas: video production, nonprofit fundraising and board governance, social media, personal and spiritual growth, organizational management and finance, and nutrition and health over the past three decades. She carries a primary passion for empowering people to express their full potential.
Louanne also has over 30 years in communications, teaching, finance and tourism including:
* A TV news reporter/anchor with three NBC affiliates (KPOM, KRIS, KWQC)
* A video programmer and cruise director with Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines (RCCL)
* A financial advisor with Raymond James & Associates
* Nonprofit Executive Director, Director of Strategic Philanthropy, and Fundraising Consultant with nonprofits small to large
* Instructor to entrepreneurs, small businesses and nonprofits
* Co-Producer and Host of The Philanthropy Show®, an internet talk show program of My Video Voice Productions.
* A nutritionist, gratitude and wellness coach
* Owner of My Video Voice Productions, the full scale video production company she owns with her wife, Sharon.
"I'm grateful to be able to serve thousands more students through this amazing platform Udemy has provided! I look forward to connecting with you in class - and please let me know if you have any comments or questions in the Discussion sections!"
B.A. Communications and Political Science, Trinity University, San Antonio, Texas
M.S. Human Nutrition and Functional Medicine, University of Western States, Portland, Oregon
Merrill Stewart has over 17 year's experience in the marketing, fundraising and communications fields in both the for-profit and non-profit sectors. Her unique sense of vision provides a level of strategy, expertise, detail focus, professionalism and best practices in her work.
Merrill’s unique experience in both the for-profit and non-profit sectors has provided a strong foundation to work with clients and organizations that need help with making their marketing and business initiatives, including fundraising, work together, to market the brand and mission. Her expertise assists individuals in creating a strong and tailored platform to connect brand and/or mission while connecting with donors, constituents and the general public.
Merrill is an active member of the Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP).