Fundraising Advice from a Successful Venture Capitalist
What you'll learn
- #1 Best Selling Fundraising Course on Udemy!
- Dramatically increase your chances of raising money (22 lessons taught by an award winning graduate business school professor, venture capitalist, author and entrepreneur).
- Understand how to raise money from high net worth investors, venture capitalists and strategics/corporations.
- Understand how to present like Steve Jobs to investors.
- Understand what to include in your pitch presentation to investors.
- Understand how to network and get meetings with potential investors.
- Nothing except a positive attitude and a lot of passion : )
#1 Best Selling Fundraising Course on Udemy! ** According to Business Insider: "Haroun is one of the highest rated professors on Udemy, so you can expect to be in good hands through the course of your education." **
This course willteach you everything you need to know about raising money from anyone, including venture capital firms from an award winning business school professor, venture capitalist, entrepreneur and author including:
- Learn the secrets of networking and how to get a meeting with almost anyone.
- Learn how to pitch your business model to anyone including venture capital firms.
- Learn what you should and should not include in your presentation slides.
- Learn how to present your business model like Steve Jobs.
- Learn how to turn "no" into "yes".
...and much more.
Chris has over 20 years of experience in raising money, starting companies and advising companies including work experience at Goldman Sachs and founding several companies. He has raised over $1bn. He has an MBA in finance from Columbia University and he is an award winning business school professor and frequent guest lecturer at Stanford and Berkeley. He lives in the San Francisco Bay area and he is a partner at a prominent venture capital firm. Chris has written numerous articles in VentureBeat, Entrepreneur Magazine, Wired Magazine, AlleyWatch, Pulse as well as an interview on venture capital on Radio Television Hong Kong (RTHK) which is Hong Kong's oldest and sole public service broadcaster.
Who this course is for:
- Entrepreneurs interested in raising money by pitching their business models to venture capital firms or other investors.
- Entrepreneurs interested in how to create a compelling investor presentation.
- Entrepreneurs interested in how to network.
- Executives interested in fine turning their business model presentation skills.
- Students interested in how to create and present business models.
Please join me for my weekly Office Hours Q&A (includes Zoom) on my YouTube channel every Thursday from 8am until 10am Pacific time. Here is my bio thanks:
Chris Haroun is the CEO and Founder of the 300+ hour online Haroun MBA Degree Program®. He has sold more than 1,500,000 of his online business & self improvement courses in 12 languages in 196 countries and his courses have been profiled in Business Insider, NBC, Inc, Forbes, CNN, Entrepreneur & on other business news websites. Chris is the author of the #1 best selling online business course called "An Entire MBA in 1 Course®” & many other courses.
He’s the author of the book "101 Crucial Lessons They Don't Teach You in Business School®," which Business Insider wrote is "the most popular book of 2016." Forbes called this book "1 of 6 books that all entrepreneurs must read right now."
He is the founder & CEO of Haroun Education Ventures, an award winning business school professor, MBA graduate from Columbia University & former Goldman Sachs employee. He has raised/managed over $1bn in his career.
He also has work experience at hedge fund giant Citadel, consulting firm Accenture & several firms that he has started, including an investment firm that had a venture capital investment in Facebook several years before the Facebook IPO.
He is a frequent guest lecturer at several Bay Area MBA schools including Berkeley & Stanford. He also has an undergraduate degree with a major in Management Information Systems & International Business from McGill University where he is a McGill University Dobson Fellow (awarded for his work mentoring students with start up business models).
He has founded several companies & served on the boards of several Bay Area companies & charities, including The LEMO Foundation & Providing Opportunities for Women. His #1 charitable focus is currently building schools in Rwanda and other countries, as well as continuing to provide many scholarships to students all over the world.
According to Business Insider "Haroun is one of the highest rated professors on Udemy, so you can expect to be in good hands through the course of your education."
He is passionate about education as he believes that all problems can be solved via education. Chris lives in Hillsborough, California with his wife Christine and his 3 sons Andrew, Matthew and Dylan.
Chris lives by this quote: “Don’t expect to accomplish your dreams in life unless you help others accomplish theirs first.”