Fundraising Principles for Nonprofits and Small Businesses.
What you'll learn
- Learn foundational fundraising principles you can quickly put into practice.
- Enhance your fundraising model with the various options explained in the course.
- Successfully connect with potential donors and customers through simple yet effective strategies.
- Discover how communication and marketing go hand-in-hand with contributions.
- Discover various ways to gain funding support from donors, customers or constituents.
- Gain knowledge of fundraising you can use in work and life!
- A nonprofit background, knowledge, or interest is beneficial but not necessary.
- Come ready to learn and put into practice knowledge gained!
Fundraising often strikes fear in the hearts of people. As a fundraiser you are simply the conduit that helps an individual connect with a cause they care about. This course will help you to gain a firm foundation of various fundraising avenues so as to create winning fundraising strategies.
Learn Fundamental Fundraising Principles That Help You Become A Better Employee, Board Member, Fundraiser, Director Or Candidate.
- Learn the top 10 development areas for crafting a winning fundraising strategy
- Recognize the five types of donors and how to reach them
- Gain knowledge of the seven elements for successful donor communications
- Discover key phrases that enable you to quickly put information into practice
- Acquire insights that assist you in your efforts to achieve your fundraising goals
At its heart, fundraising is simply communication and marketing coupled with relationship building. This course will enable you to gain beneficial insights that you can use in your career, your life and your volunteer efforts. Understanding the various areas of fundraising will help you make you a valuable member of your team.
Contents and Overview
This course contains over 20+ lectures and over three hours of content. This course is designed so you can quickly grasp fundraising essentials and put them into practice. Depending on your role in fundraising—whether as staff, board member, candidate's manager or even a small business owner—learning these areas will assist you in crafting the best way to create awareness of your “product" or mission.
By the end of this course, you will have a strong knowledge of all the basic areas of fundraising as well as specific tools you can use to quickly start your fundraising practice today. This course will also assist you in your efforts to expend time and resources on those areas that provide the best return on investment for your particular area and target market. Exercises will enable you to try out some of your newly gained knowledge.
Who this course is for:
- This course will help individuals newer to fundraising gain insightful knowledge. This course will help those who either work or are engaged in the nonprofit world, whether as staff, a board member or volunteer. While geared toward those newer to fundraising, those who have been in the nonprofit world for five years or less may be reminded of key fundraising principles needed to be successful in fundraising.
- Since this course includes fundraising principles along with the importance of consistent communications and marketing to the individual, this course can also be helpful for small business owners as well as local candidates requiring funding for campaigns. For those students taking the class they would just recognize the term donor as their customer or constituent.
- This course is not intended for the dedicated fundraising professional, savvy marketer or long term political candidate with strong fundraising strategies in place.
Vikki blames her wanderlust on her father. As a child her family lived in France where her father was stationed with the U.S. air force. However, she considers San Antonio, Texas as her “home.” During her time there she worked in many different fields but by far her favorite was as a registered interior designer for a local design studio. During this time she also began freelance writing. She would go on to write feature stories before channeling her efforts and expertise into nonprofit donor communications. As a nonprofit consultant and owner of grants for higher, Vikki helps nonprofits achieve their mission. As a speaker, trainer and educator she helps individuals channel their passion and discover what they really want out of life. Vikki now lives in the beautiful state of Colorado where she loves hiking with her friends and her dog. She also loves to travel but most days you'll find her digging in her gardens, caring for her chickens, teaching on various subjects, sharing about permaculture, writing, or working on a new project. She's already planning her next travel adventure. Her motto is “Keep Learning, Keep Growing.” Vikki graduated with a Bachelor of Science degree in Organizational Management and still wishes she were more organized.