The Fundamentals of Linux Administration - Complete Mastery
What you'll learn
- Origin of GNU/Linux and what makes it a powerful and highly secure OS
- Working on Linux Command Line Terminal
- Start with Writing basic Linux Commands
- Understanding, Navigating and Working with Linux Manual Pages
- User & Group Management (etc/passwd) (etc/shadow)
- Advanced Concepts of Linux - Redirection, Piping and Aliases
- Know each and every required detail about Linux Shell
- Know how Linux Commands are Structured
- Concepts of Standard Input/Output/Error and Command Line Arguments
- Understand everything about the Linux File System
- Create/Delete/Copy/Move/Rename/Edit/Find Files and Directories
- Concepts like Sorting Data, Archiving and Compressing Files using various Compression Algorithms
- Concepts of Bash Shell Scripting and creating Bash Scripts like a Pro User
- Techniques of Task Automation and Scheduling important Programs (Eg. Scheduling Automatic Backups)
- Access Linux Software Repository and play around with the Source Code of Linux Commands
- Edit Source Codes and Packages to create your own Linux Command
- Use Advanced Package Tools Utilities to Search, Install/Uninstall Packages and Softwares
- Desire and Patience to Learn Linux.
- A laptop or Desktop with Linux installed (for on-the-go hands-on training)
Welcome to the course The Fundamentals of Linux Administration where you are going to develop mastery over the Linux Command Line with very practical ways of learning and understanding Linux.
This course has been designed to ensure that you will be able to continuously improve your Linux skills, develop your in-depth knowledge about Linux Administration thereby giving a platform to your career progression with NO unnecessary wasting of time and useless data being taught in this course.
Course is structured to start with the very basics of Linux where you will get to learn everything about Linux and Linux Commands. You'll be gradually be tuned to work with complex Linux commands which are very very useful for a Linux Administrator. You get on-hands training on-the go while you are watching the video tutorials and you get cheat sheets and help documents in every section which actually saves you a lot of time. Check the Course Content for Chapter wise distribution of the course.
Here are some of the testimonial from my students:
This course is good and catchable. -- Vineetha V S (Udemy Student)
This is a really good course that covers a lot information about Linux. -- Raymond Feenstra (Udemy Student)
Content rich course. Properly structured and explained well. Meets all my requirements as a beginner in the field of Linux. Overall...I learnt a lot and I fact enjoyed too watching the videos. -- Neha (Udemy Student)
The instructor has explained the entire Linux OS in great detail using alot of examples and rich resources. The entire study material with quizes, and the instructor's way of teaching is very helpful for people who are beginners in learning Linux OS. Looking forward to advance course also. Very good Job. Bravo Zulu! -- Kshitijnoor SIngh (Udemy Student)
Excellent Explanations. Easy to understand. -- Rakesh Ravi (Udemy Student)
I already had a bit of knowledge of Linux but still, I wasn’t that comfortable. I enrolled for this course with an idea to revive my understandings and learn more. And this course has met all my expectations very well. Good explanations and vast topics covered. I would suggest the instructor add more questions to the quizzes. Surely recommended the course to beginners as well as I-know-little-bit person like me. -- Prerna (Udemy Student)
Well.. It helped getting the basics very clear. A Brilliant Course. Well explained and topics covered nicely with clear explanations. Surely Recommended. Thank You Mr. Piyush..!! -- Ashish Kandwal (Udemy Student)
An amazing experience learning Linux from a really energetic instructor. Course structure is well defined. Good hands-on practice helped a lot. Myself being a beginner, got real learning stuff in this course. Thank You. Highly Recommended for anyone reading this. -- Akhil Sharma (Udemy Student)
Hello, this video is very good for basic concepts of Linux. Recomended for every who wants to study Linux. Come on buy this video all. thank you sir for your good videos for us. -- Anton (Udemy Student)
Very helpful course and much recommended for a beginners like me....instructor keeps command line terminal in front of you for the most of the time and therefore learning gets easier. overall a good course to enroll in.... kudos to the instructor!!! good work. -- Amit Joshi (Udemy Student)
Who this course is for:
- Aspirants of Linux+, (CompTIA), OSCP, LPIC (LPI), Oracle Linux OCA/OCP, GCUX (SANS GIAC)
- Beginners or Pro users willing to master the basics fundamentals of Linux Adminstration
- Anyone willing to start a career in Linux based Environment
- Anyone working in IT Sector
- Students willing to learn about Linux Operating System and Administration
- Computer Science and IT Students will to update their resume with Linux Course Certificte
Teaching is an art in my opinion. I believe, it's the responsibility of the Instructor to make sure that the student understand the concepts.
Hello !! I am Piyush and I will be leading you throughout my courses here at Udemy. My 8+ years of work experience in IT Industry (where I have worked in advanced state-of-art Data Centers equipped with latest technology network devices) will be of no value if I'll not be able to explain the same to anyone else. So, my prime focus and efforts have always been towards framing my courses in highly professional structure and keep explanations very simplified for ease of understanding.
Teaching Linux have always been the best activity that I have enjoyed the most. It's something which brings the best out of me. In a world where we are increasingly hiding the complexities away from users (smart phones and tablets in particular), it is always satisfying to give that power back to people and allow them to do much more with their technology.
I am specialized in getting my students confident and pumped up about the course they are taking from me and mostly I have taught Linux and UNIX to students from various domains.
Earlier I have been teaching Computer Networking & Administration, Linux Operating System and Ethical Hacking to students from Colleges/Universities and also to many professionals working in IT-based firms.
I am best known for my speech delivery and clear explanations for every topic I am teaching. I structure my courses keeping in mind to teach more in less time and avoid useless explanations. I am really excited to work with you and hep you add a plus mark to your carrier progression.