Fundamentals of Spacecraft Engineering & Orbital Mechanics
What you'll learn
- Understand the challenges and motivations behind space travel.
- Understand the fundamentals of the current state of the art in Space technologies
- Understand the basics of rocket science and be able to move onto more advanced levels of analysis
- Understand orbital mechanics and the various effects of gravity.
- Impress friends and family with sound knowledge on a very impressive and important subject of our modern era
- Open yourself to new hobbies, careers or studies path in Space Engineering.
- Basic understanding of physics (force, velocity, acceleration, pressure, etc) will help but is not mandatory.
- All mentioned principles and concepts are explained throughout the course.
ONE OF THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE, DETAILED AND APPROACHABLE ONLINE COURSES ON SPACE SCIENCE AND ENGINEERING!
Space vehicles are central to our modern world: they are the key to understanding our universe, spreading our race throughout the stars and provide ways of communication and observation that would never have been dreamed of in the past. This course offers the opportunity to learn and understand:
- The True Importance of Space Programs and the Space Industry.
- The Space Environment.
- The Engineering and Operational Purpose Behind all Spacecraft's Systems.
- The Science and Engineering Behind Rockets and Launch Vehicles.
- The Amazing Physics Behind Orbits and How We Harness Them.
I will thoroughly detail and walk you through each of these subjects and explain down to their fundamental principles, all concepts and subject-specific vocabulary. This course is the ideal beginner or intermediate learning platform for Space and the engineering around it. Whatever your background, whether you are a student, a writer, a sci-fi addict, a computer scientist, an engineer, a business or sports person with an interest in Space, you will understand the fundamentals behind its technologies!
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate, I always aim at answering within the next 24hrs.
If this sounds like it might interest you, for your personal growth, career or academic endeavours, I strongly encourage you to join! You won't regret it!
Who this course is for:
- Anyone interested in the physics, engineering and technologies behind spacecrafts and space travel.
I have always been impressed and passionate about flying machines and the ultimate frontier that space represents. This led me to graduate from a Masters in Aerospace Engineering as one of the top students at a leading UK university. Throughout this degree I was offered the opportunity to understand and apply advanced engineering concepts to different design projects.
In my final year, I consequently designed a proof of concept nuclear battery or Radioisotope Thermoelectric Generator (refer to my courses to learn more about these) for nanosatellites which was judged by academics as one of the best projects of my department, won the Reaction Engines prize and presented at the 4th Interplanetary Cubesat Workshop. Similarly, I developed, with a team of colleagues, an unmanned rotorcraft able to fight fires, carry cargo and surveillance missions which eventually won a design competition for Agusta Westland.
I went on to found FuroSystems, a company which designs, manufactures and retails ultra light high performance electric vehicles. Our goal is to help accelerate society's transition to electric means of transportation through aesthetic, powerful and affordable machines. We are now present in over 30 countries and have sold 1000s of units.
I am very excited to be able to share my knowledge with curious individuals, who like me want to know more about the engineering behind the wonderful machines that populate our world.