Fundamentals of Share Investing
- have in mind your investment objectives
- have in mind your investment horizon
- have in mind your risk tolerance
In this module, we will consider the following points that everyone needs to know before investing in shares:
- What you need to know before investing - Your investment objectives, risk tolerance, investment horizon, investment strategies and types of financial products.
- Strategies in stock investing
- Stock Appraisal & Analytical Tools
- Financial Ratio Analysis
This module aims to help you evaluate information. It will not involve any advice in stock selection. Any mention of industries, companies or reference to products is solely for the purpose of illustration and application of concepts. You should consult a licensed financial advisor before making a decision to invest in any products.
Who this course is for:
- anyone interested in share/stock investing
- this course is not meant for those looking for share/stock recommendations
- 00:53Fundamentals of share investing introduction
The Institute for Financial Literacy is a collaboration between MoneySense and Singapore Polytechnic Enterprise.
Our financial education courses cover basic money management, financial planning and investment know-how.
May has 25 years’ experience in the banking industry. She has managed retail banking branches offering deposits, investments, insurance, loans and card products in a local bank, overseeing operations, ensuring compliance and good customer service delivery to banking clients.
Prior to joining the Institute, May was working in the preschool education sector by providing management leadership to a cluster of preschool centres.
May holds a Bachelor of Science (Hons) Economics degree, specialising in Banking & Finance.